Letterboxing is an intriguing pastime combining artistic ability with delightful "treasure-hunts" in beautiful, scenic places that the whole family can enjoy. Participants seek out hidden letterboxes by following clues, and then record their discovery in their personal journal with the help of a rubber stamp that’s part of the letterbox. In addition, letterboxers have their own personal stamps which they use to stamp into the letterbox’s logbook.
- Frequently Asked Questions: What is letterboxing? Who does it? Who runs Atlas Quest? Get answers to all these and more.
- Getting Started: The materials you’ll need to get started with this hobby, and some helpful tips in finding and planting your first boxes.
- Code of Conduct: As with any hobby where thousands of people meet and cross paths, standards have emerged to help everyone get along for the benefit of all. Learn the details here.
- History: Letterboxing has a rich history crossing continents and centuries of time. Where did it begin? How has it evolved? This page has all the details.
- Help: Get answers to all your letterboxing and Atlas Quest questions from this member-generated resource. All the world’s letterboxing experts, at your fingertips!
- Glossary: Sometimes it can seem as if letterboxers are speaking a foreign language. This glossary contains some common and not-so-common terms one might hear letterboxers throwing around.