Letterboxing is a great hobby for people of all types, but the more you get into it, the more exciting it is to master the Art of Letterboxing. And there is an art to the hobby from carving stamps, to making your own logbooks, and even the simple act of stamping in. A letterbox can truly be a work of art! This page has links to several helpful tutorials—created specifically for letterboxers. Come back occasionally, however, because I do plan to add more!
- Stamp Carving 101: Carving beautiful stamps is probably far easier than you can imagine, and this page will tell you some of the tricks-of-the-trade 'professional' carvers use.
- The Art of Stamping: Stamping in can be as simple as using a single stamp pad, but that gets boring after awhile. This page gives you a few ideas on how to make your stampings really stand out, as well as a discussion about choosing ink pads and how to care for them.
- Bookmaking 101: You choose the size. You choose the paper. You choose the colors. Ready to start making your own logbooks? We'll show you how the pros do it.
- Compassing 101: Many letterboxes require the use of a compass, and many new letterboxers require directions on how to use them. This compass tutorial will show you how.
- Creating Great Letterboxes: Anyone can throw a stamp and logbook in a box and hide it in the woods. This tutorial is all about how to make sure that your box stands out from the rest!
- Creating a Website: Hosting your own clues gives you the ultimate in flexibility. Not only can it be fun and easy, but you could even make money out of the deal! Learn the basics of HTML and CSS with our Creating a Website tutorial.