The Unemployment Promise
Laid off? Collecting unemployment? Trying to make ends meet? Yeah, been there, done that. We don’t want anyone sending us money from their unemployment checks to renew premium membership. We’d rather extend your current premium membership for free!
We don’t, however, want people taking unfair advantage of this offer, so there are a few rules involved:
- This offer is only available to current premium members. You’ve helped support this website, and we want to return the favor by helping you.
- This offer only applies if you lost your job involuntarily—either from being laid-off or fired. If you choose to quit or retire, you’re on your own. =)
- Your premium membership must be set to expire in 30 days or less. If your premium membership is set to expire several months from now (or in some cases, years from now), wait until your premium membership is about to expire.
- Premium membership extensions will only be applied to one account for each unemployed individual. Be sure to let us know the trail name to apply the extension to!
- Mail us some sort of proof of your unemployment* to:
PO Box 16131
Seattle, WA 98116
- We’ll extend your premium membership for six months, but you can extend your premium membership for free more than once if you find yourself unemployed for a particularly long period of time. You will need to send a new proof of your continued unemployment, however, for each additional extension.
We hope you get back on your feet again soon!