Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: The Critics and Questioners

by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Quote the phone a friend method of boxing :) I have been known to do that :) Usually only if I think I'm at the spot and the box seems to be missing.. Yeah, I've had that happen, too -- when the guy was at the right spot, and the box was missing! But...
by Lock WenchProfileContactLogbookNote
But how did he have your number? Is he a friend of yours? If so, you could always be a good influence and bring him boxing with you sometime and show him the ropes. LW PhD "Nice Counts"
by monotoniaProfileContactLogbookNote
I once searched for HOURS for a box (it was an are where there were thousands of little trails criss-crossing through a forest) because somewhere near the start of the hunt, one of the trails had been obscured by the fact that there was a pond where th...
by IshProfileContactLogbookNote
My father, and my grandfather for that matter, always said "Your right to swing your arm ends at my nose." ..oughta be a bumper sticker in there somewhere...
by teekasueProfileContactLogbookNote
I love feed back from people who have actually walked thru the trsil physically went to the site and looked and yet had NO luck ....my main issue is with those who ask for info for things before they even take a chance and go for it.....sometimes the v...
by IshProfileContactLogbookNote
On the 26th, my eldest announced he'd called for a ride and was heading back to school early. No discussion, no reason given, just..I wanted to get back early. He was supposed to stay until 1/2. I keep trying to remember how it was when I was that a...
by lisascenicProfileContactLogbookNote
If someone is so intent on finding one of my letterboxes, that they contact me, you had better believe that I'll give them some kind of a hint. I don't mind the phone call from the trail, because then we can play "you're getting warmer" over teh phone...
by FreeBirdProfileContactLogbookNote
Hey you know what.... I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't give them A freebie find but help them along there journey..
by Mama CacheProfileContactLogbookNote
Quote I'd just as soon they not even know for certain that I got the e-mail. If your name is boldfaced in their list of sent mail, they know you haven't read it. But if you read it, your name will be in plain text, and the fact that you've read it wil...
by Pied PiperProfileContactLogbookNote
Actually, if you have your AQ mail forwarded to your offsite email account, it will show up as read mail whether or not you've actually seen it yet, so it looks like plain text.
I like a lot of the responses here--some of them have been very informative, and will help me in writing clues, I think. As for your dilemma, I agree with those who've said that if your clue is a little ambiguous, that is your right as a clue writer--...
Quote ...maybe in your clues you could indicate that you are not willing to give hints on your boxes. The list of little notes that must be included in the clues is getting longer and longer. While for the most part that works, the problem I have wit...
Quote If your name is boldfaced in their list of sent mail, they know you haven't read it. But if you read it, your name will be in plain text, and the fact that you've read it will be as plain as the text. No hiding that, I don't think. Sorry. I'm so...
Quote The list of little notes that must be included in the clues is getting longer and longer. While for the most part that works, the problem I have with it is when your clues deliberately don't look like letterbox clues, they look like some random w...