About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Hosting a CT event & Looking for Help

Hosting a CT event & Looking for Help
Board: State: Connecticut
Dec 9, 2011 2:36pm
Board
Hi CT peeps! I spoke with Eric today at the Riverbound Nature Sanctuary in Cheshire, CT to brainstorm ideas of an event that coordinates with some community service. I would LOVE to host an event and our tentative date would be Saturday, May 5, 2012. They have several indoor rooms that could be utilized for letterboxing fun, trails with 6+ boxes already planted and potential for more. Also, there are many little projects that could be done such as gardening, trimming, cleaning. And, bigger projects such as rebuilding a bird blind that fell down with the recent storm, creating a few cedar fences , improving a crumbling rock wall, and leveling the ground on walking paths that are uneven.

I would LOVE to host an event here and do some projects on that day, 12 noon - 5pm. I'm looking for someone who would be interested in helping to host or be an administrator on this event. Responsibilities would be meeting with the staff (Quinnipiac Valley Audubon Society runs the property) and making projects come to be, fielding questions from attendees, moral support, etc. "Newbies" welcome to co-host. I know some of the bigger New England area events have several people in charge so I'm hoping this event will be great due to great minds working together. No need to meet before the holidays...just looking for some people to commit to helping out to various degrees depending on what you're able to give. Thanking you all in advance...

-Teeker
Re: Hosting a CT event & Looking for Help
Reply to: #661449 by Teeker
Dec 9, 2011 2:49pm
Board
To clarify: Responsibilities would not include "all" of the above, those were just things I would potentially need help with. :-)
Dec 9, 2011 6:27pm
Board
We are not up that way, but I think that that is a fabulous idea! Having fun and giving back. Good for you, and I hope that you get the help that you seek. 8^)
Dec 9, 2011 9:31pm
Board
We'll have to talk, Teek. We're a little ways away, but I might be able to help out limited-ly, but would like to help, especially with the carpentry aspects if I can. Keep me in the loop - we'll see what we can come up with.
Dec 10, 2011 11:36am
Board
I can't seem to find an address in google maps for the Sanctuary, and don't really know that area, but I would like to help out in some way or another.
Reply to: #661574 by Peanut Bethy
Dec 10, 2011 10:29pm
Board
1881 Cheshire Street in Cheshire CT :-)
Dec 12, 2011 9:08am
Board
I wouldn't mind helping you Teeker. I live Hamden, not to far away. Let me know what I can do to help. Will love to!

Patty