A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: SGSP - New Guide Available

Re: SGSP - New Guide Available
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #661189 by Leilanis Aunt
Dec 9, 2011 4:21am
Board
None of the links work for me... Anyone else having that problem?
Reply to: #661193 by Trailhead Tessie
Dec 9, 2011 7:21am
Board
if you have geekish tendancies

who? me? Perhaps, so. I'd been watching the SGPA site for months now waiting for them to post the guide ever since I stopped and talked with someone as they were painting the numbers on some of the rocks -- sometime late spring/early summer.
Reply to: #661306 by LevreaultFam
Dec 9, 2011 7:27am
Board
None of the links work for me

hmmm... I just checked and got a page not found msg. The SGPA posted on fb yesterday that the guide was available. I wonder if too many folks tried to download the file...
Reply to: #661346 by Leilanis Aunt
Dec 9, 2011 9:12am
Board
who? me? Perhaps, so

I don't know about you, but I do! Then again, I suppose letterboxing itself is a bit geekish?
Reply to: #661473 by System
Dec 9, 2011 6:04pm
Board
I couldn't get the link to work. Not sure what went wrong but it said page not found.

It seems to have stopped working sometime late last night or this morning.
Yesterday they posted on facebook on the Sleeping Giant Park Association Official page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleeping-Giant-Park-Association-SGPA-Official-Site/124405787638472
that the guide was finally available. (You may need to log into facebook to get to that page; I'm not sure.) And I was able to download it last night using the link on the official SGPA page that I gave in a prior posting. I don't see that anyone has reported problems with the link on the fb page. I don't have time to follow up right now. But I will check in periodically and post here again if I see the link is working again.
How frustrating!
Reply to: #661481 by Leilanis Aunt
Dec 10, 2011 8:12am
Board
The new Geology of the Giant Trail Guide is available for download on the Sleeping Giant Park Association web site. It's BIG -- 89 pp. (8.1 MB) Scroll down the left side to find the link for the guide.
http://www.sgpa.org/

I checked a few seconds ago and the link seems to be working again.
Reply to: #661546 by Leilanis Aunt
Dec 10, 2011 3:40pm
Board
Yes, Guide IS big. I'm wondering of it's in book form for purchase?