A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: $0.69 Lock & Locks, Xpect Discounts

Re: $0.69 Lock & Locks, Xpect Discounts
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #660696 by Trailhead Tessie
Dec 7, 2011 5:57am
Board
By the way, I found them near the Christmas wrapping paper if you go looking for them. They are the same containers as this pack on QVC, but sold individually. The one I got was the smallest one shown, in green.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K17721.tpl.csweb?bvtab=QA
Reply to: #660844 by Trailhead Tessie
Dec 7, 2011 1:33pm
Board
I went to the store in North Haven and they didn't have them. They did have wrapping paper at a good price though!
Reply to: #660928 by DevilinDog
Dec 7, 2011 1:42pm
Board
Is this a store local to you down there in CT? I hadn't heard of it, and we don't have one up here...
Reply to: #660930 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Dec 7, 2011 1:55pm
Board
There are six stores in CT only, I believe. They have some great deals, although the Derby store is a real dive.
http://www.ctadsonline.com/ct_ads_weekly_store_ads_xpect_discount_list.htm
Reply to: #660935 by Trailhead Tessie
Dec 7, 2011 2:56pm
Board
and the North Haven one has the slowest check outs that I've ever seen in my life. One check out open, nine people in line, 30 minutes to buy five items. Not unusual at that store. But they have great prices on some items.
Reply to: #660935 by Trailhead Tessie
Dec 7, 2011 4:37pm
Board
Now I'm gonna havta check it out next time I'm down that way - our Job Lots up here, closest to us, is somewhat of a dive too, but they are the only place around that sells the knock-off LnLs. I haven't found a place around here yet that sells the real deal.
Reply to: #660977 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Dec 8, 2011 4:44am
Board
Now I'm gonna havta check it out next time I'm down that way - our Job Lots up here, closest to us, is somewhat of a dive too, but they are the only place around that sells the knock-off LnLs.

Think of Job Lots, but for groceries, that's Xpect. It's a very funky store, at least the one in Derby. I know a lot of people who go in there once, say, "This store is a dump!" and never go back. But they do have really good prices. A few weeks ago I picked up 2-liter Pepsi for 88 cents each. My tip is to never go on a weekend or Monday, because they get mobbed and wiped out. If you go any other time they usually have some good produce deals, but it is hit or miss. And the checkout can definitely be very long.
Reply to: #661055 by Trailhead Tessie
Dec 8, 2011 11:38am
Board
Cool - thanks for the info TT!