Nov 27, 2011 5:22am
Board
How cute! What's his trail name?
Re: Soon-to-be letterboxer!
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #658143 by Peanut Bethy
Nov 27, 2011 1:03pm
Board
That is wonderful! My 15 month old son comes with me letterboxing and has gotten used to the boxing routine. I cannot wait to get him started when he gets a little older (I want him to remember it more). I'm guessing your taking the tower trail? My suggestion is to look for the "Just Some ODD Thoughts" and "EVEN More Thoughts" by smariev. They are very fun stamps and your nephew would like finding the numbers that you need to find to get to those boxes. Anyway, Hope you enjoy!
Re: Soon-to-be letterboxer!
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #658318 by LevreaultFam
Nov 27, 2011 1:25pm
Board
No trail name for him yet; I didn't want to overstep on my sister and brother-in-law helping him with that (they've never letterboxed but my sister thought it was great and will logging on here soon enough). But his signature stamp is now the UConn paw print with a B in the center. I decided to look for Grade A Penguins' Rapunzel box since it was Ben's first time going to Sleeping Giant and seeing the "Castle." That way his focus was solely on seeing the tower first and after he took his pictures, we read the clues, used the compass, and found the box. After he moved a couple rocked to get the box he asked if "we could do this again sometime." My heart melted! I think I'll save smariev's boxes for the next time they're back in CT. Thanks for the suggestions!