A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: AHHHHH!

Re: AHHHHH!
Board: Venting Board
Reply to: #655263 by Brandy
Nov 15, 2011 9:42am
Board
Ha ha! My dog got an offer for Playboy magazine among other things. Really even creepier when she got phone calls. We actually let her answer them although, now I kinda feel a little bad for the poor person who had to make the phone call.

;-)
Reply to: #655278 by SpookyGroup
Nov 15, 2011 2:46pm
Board
Also fun to "moo" when you answer the phone for a solicitor. Sometimes they try to ignore it and ask for someone. Moo again. Trust me.
Reply to: #655230 by Wendy
Nov 15, 2011 6:17pm
Board
About seven years ago, my oldest daughter and her friend fill out a form on the internet. They used a fake name, Molly McKindly, but they used a real address, ours. At least once a every two weeks we get mail for Molly McKindly.
Reply to: #655380 by Mello Bunny
Nov 15, 2011 7:06pm
Board
My husband was a professional engineer, so used the initials PE after his name. We got all kinds of junk mail for Mr. Pe.

I wonder if PhD's get mail addressed to Ms. Phd?
Reply to: #655110 by Mn8X
Nov 16, 2011 8:13am
Board
You donate to one charity for wounded soldiers and wind up getting mail from every organization that has anything to do with veterans, old people, children, or animals!!!!!

There's one company that runs the charities for a lot of organizations such as veterans, firefighters, etc. I ended up having to research the company and contacting them to have my name removed from their list. I agreed once and then they started calling me every other day.

[._.]
Reply to: #655110 by Mn8X
Nov 16, 2011 8:30am
Board
Do they have an envelope inside that says "No postage necessary..." if you do want to make a donation or order something they're selling? If so, take all the junk mail you get that will fit in the envelope and send it back to them. They have to pay the postage and you get to do some "recycling".

IrishInks