A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Getting back into letterboxing

Re: Getting back into letterboxing
Board: New Members' Board
Reply to: #654054 by Oberon_Kenobi
Nov 10, 2011 7:12pm
Board
Which brings to mind, how is the next batch of the new stuff coming along Web Foot?

Well, we're still scratching our heads about what to try next to get the characteristics right. I'll let you know when one of us has a brain wave!!

Here's a funny story, though. Someone I've been working with on formula refinements had an idea that they wanted me to try. The rough lab sample I got on Monday was so stinky that I nixed it! Seriously -- it had my gag reflexes going so badly I had to open the windows to let in some fresh air. Not only would nobody buy the stuff twice, I didn't want to have a pile of it anywhere near my house!! Yuck! What an adventure!! At least I didn't have to buy 500-1000 pounds of that one to see if it worked or not. And I know someone is going to ask: yes, I did try it with both knife and gouge -- and no, it didn't carve enough better to make it worthwhile to wear a gas mask while cutting. LOL!

Webfoot
Reply to: #654157 by Webfoot
Nov 10, 2011 11:19pm
Board
wear a gas mask while cutting.

Hmmm, wonder if that would be a wild animal deterrent? It would certainly be a muggle deterrent! Could be a selling point, you never know!
Reply to: #654187 by WiseOldOwl
Nov 11, 2011 2:26am
Board
Hmmm, wonder if that would be a wild animal deterrent?

Meh. Not likely, my dawg likes to roll in the stinkiest stuff she can find, it's more likely to be a critter magnet.

YMMV, and invariably will...
Connfederate
Reply to: #654187 by WiseOldOwl
Nov 11, 2011 6:46am
Board
Thanks for the morning chuckle, WOO...woo hoo!!! ;-)