A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: I'm not digging the egg!

Re: I'm not digging the egg!
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #652454 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 7:06pm
Board
The inconsistancy on nice and nasty, I'm so confused.
Reply to: #652455 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 7:09pm
Board
he is that way, MGF. he's a confusing guy!!

~tigs
Reply to: #652456 by tiggermama
Nov 4, 2011 7:14pm
Board
Hey you!! You can go back to bed! First of all, she started it! Second of all...

Well.....

She started it! Pbbbbbt!!!

;)

Hmmmm, you be starting to feel better....
Reply to: #652458 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 7:17pm
Board
i am starting to feel better - it's all the Peruvian Witch cure , with the garlic and lemon. i smell bad, and my voice is gone, but i feel better. . . sorta. . . kinda. . .
but i am going back to bed now. hope golly feels better too.

~sniffly tigs
Reply to: #652455 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 7:29pm
Board
There! Now I am sporting an egg!! I'll bet you dropped your egg baby in junior high, didn't you? You've resented that F ever since....
Reply to: #652465 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 8:21pm
Board
I know, let's all change something so that we all have eggs! Won't that be fun? Then we can see if Ryan does something to the egg.

~hmm, can ya tell I'm sick in bed with a nasty cold? Maybe I should lay off the Nyquil. ;)
Reply to: #652482 by Traveling Garden Gnome
Nov 4, 2011 8:34pm
Board
Sorry to hear that, TGG!!! Seems that something is going around - too many people are reporting being sick! Hope you get well soon!

And, Viva La Ombragés Oeuf!!!!
Reply to: #652490 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 8:46pm
Board
Oh, I'll bet you do! Back in school, when for a class you were given an egg and you had to carry it around like you were taking care of a baby, and couldn't let anything happen to it?

"Dad!!! That was my class project! Now its all scrambled!"

Its all coming back to you now, that fateful day...
Reply to: #652492 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 8:59pm
Board
See, we didn't play with our food way back then. During the great depression an egg had more value than gold. I only got an egg to eat if I finished all my chores, like collecting coal pieces on the rails, or soaking grandma Walton’s bunions. And I if I did earn an egg, I wouldn't make a pet out of it, or put glasses on it for people to throw French fries at. I'd eat it.
Wow, defiantly time for bed.
Reply to: #652495 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 9:03pm
Board
So what you're saying is, is that "back in the day" you had an appreciation for eggs, but now you have an aversion to them? You don't like them here in AQ, staring back at you from the past, hiding their eyes from your brutality toward their ancestors? I think it has all become clear now... ;)
Reply to: #652497 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 9:12pm
Board
Yes, it is true I am a carnivore. I eat eggs. I only dress them up when appropriate like Easter.

Speaking of which, this is a link to the easiest most beautiful Easter eggs. I made them one year, back in the day, they were a big hit. Not like the little Guy with the glasses staring at me who started all this.

http://www.marthastewart.com/269788/silk-tie-easter-eggs
Reply to: #652497 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 9:19pm
Board
By the way, what did you have for breakfast?
Consider that a rhetorical question, I'm sure it went well with the bacon.
Reply to: #652500 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 9:20pm
Board
Hmmm. I think I'll end this conversation here, now that the subject has turned to egg frilliness. Not an area I'd care to venture in to. Especially now that you've brought MS into it. I'm outta here!

;)
Reply to: #652503 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 9:23pm
Board
Nice try. I never eat breakfast.

I do, however, like to eat eggs as well. Its just that my conscience is clean, and don't mind if they look at me through shaded spectacles.

"I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can..."

Hope that song lingers in your head for a while. ;) ;) ;)
Reply to: #652504 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 9:24pm
Board
:o)
Reply to: #652505 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 4, 2011 10:32pm
Board
I never eat breakfast.

But of course you do. Whatever you eat first after you wake up breaks your fast from the night before, no matter what time of day it is, or what you call it.... :)
Reply to: #652445 by More Great Fun
Nov 4, 2011 10:59pm
Board
I sometimes make changes just to get him to show up.

shiloh
Reply to: #652513 by Sheba
Nov 4, 2011 11:56pm
Board
Whatever you eat first after you wake up breaks your fast from the night before, no matter what time of day it is, or what you call it.... :)

Ok, then. I call it coffee. Coffee with cream and sugar, which is substantial enough to be considered the breaking of a fast, yet I still have not eaten anything.

In other words, I did not have an egg with bacon today, or yesterday, or in a long while, for breakfast. I did not eat them in a car. I did not eat them in a bar. I did not eat them in a house. I did not eat them on a mouse. I still do like them eggs in glasses. I still do like them, kiss my grits. ;)

In other words,
PBBBBBBTTTT!!!!

Feel free to file any and all complaints with More Great Fun. Make sure to resend the same email a total of 7 times, and then re-word it slightly and resend the same amount of times.

On second thought, forget all of this. I just had an idea that was a collision of this thread and another one from earlier. And another boxing adventure is born....
Reply to: #652516 by shiloh
Nov 4, 2011 11:57pm
Board
You rock, Shiloh!
Reply to: #652518 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 5, 2011 12:02am
Board
Ok, let's get back on track - its simple:

If you agree with the title of this post, click agree

If you like or are ok with the smiling sunglassed egg, click disagree

If you think this whole thing is just a bunch of hogwash, click interesting, since this will one day be a case study by a panel of psychiatrists.
Reply to: #652519 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 5, 2011 5:05am
Board
or to add to magoo's list
click funny for great belly laugh which is what I had reading the thread all the way through this AM :)))) Sdf
Reply to: #652482 by Traveling Garden Gnome
Nov 5, 2011 5:23am
Board
another sicky!!
let's all stick together with the Nyquil and say stoopid things LOL!!

~snuffly tigs, who is staying home today instead of boxing because of the snuffles. . .
Reply to: #652517 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 5, 2011 5:29am
Board
kiss my grits?? kiss mah grits???

now who grew up in the South? i think you've been hanging with the tigs too long, Bubs. And i just want to point out that i was innocently sleeping in bed when he started harrassing you, MGF. i was not the instigator in this one at all.

And Bubs, do you like them in a box? Will you like them with a fox? Will you carve them with a pen? Will you stash them in a den? ROFL

~tigs
Reply to: #652531 by tiggermama
Nov 5, 2011 9:57am
Board
kiss my grits?? kiss mah grits???
now who grew up in the South?

I did not grow up in the South. However, I did spend two years in Texas. Not the best of years, but lots of stories from that time period, I can assure you.

i think you've been hanging with the tigs too long, Bubs.

As my doctor from the sanitarium has so duely pointed out to me...

And i just want to point out that i was innocently sleeping in bed when he started harrassing you, MGF. i was not the instigator in this one at all.

Relax tigs. No one is blaming you. This time. And I did not start any harrassment. It was MGF who started the whole thing, stalking a poor, blind-yet-happy huevo.

And Bubs, do you like them in a box? Will you like them with a fox? Will you carve them with a pen? Will you stash them in a den? ROFL

Hmmmm. Never tried carving an egg. I'll let you try. Let me know how it turns out.
Reply to: #652500 by More Great Fun
Nov 5, 2011 10:04am
Board
Speaking of which, this is a link to the easiest most beautiful Easter eggs.

What about if the eggs are decorated for the season? That would at least make them more interesting.

January: Snow egg
February: Heart
November: Turkey feathers
December: Christmas ornament
Reply to: #652519 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 5, 2011 6:30pm
Board
Well, well, well MGF. It has now officially been 24 hours since you started this whole mess, and would you look at that - the numbers for and against the egg are tied! Which, while no great victory I'll admit, at least Eggbert is safe from your clutches for now. No overwhelming majority for you! Pbbbbbbt!!

On the other hand, there does seem to be a great majority that think psychiatrists should be involved, which probably doesn't bode well for either of us...
Reply to: #652716 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Nov 5, 2011 10:18pm
Board
I have to say this thread has been fun(ny) to read. Now I heard someone say they need to try carving eggs so I thought I would supply inspiration. Isn't that little egg cute?! ha-ha-ha

~Aurora
Reply to: #652761 by The hicks from the sticks
Nov 5, 2011 10:32pm
Board
I was telling my dear friend tigs that she should go suck...I mean, carve an egg, since I've never tried it. I'm sure she will love and appreciate the pic you supplied. Forgive me. I'm a guy. I have a-cute blindness in both eyes. ;)

The real question is, can you stamp with it? ;)

(Glad we helped make you laugh - always love it when it people smile, despite my sense of humor.) :D
Reply to: #652761 by The hicks from the sticks
Nov 6, 2011 4:59am
Board
funny, i distinctly remember it was Mr. Magoo who was supposed to go su. . . carve an egg? hmm?? i think he's just trying to get out of it AS usual, Aurora!!

i've never carved an egg, but i used to make Ukranian orthodox Easter eggs, also called Pysanky. Complete with wax stylus, dye and all. Kind of like carving in reverse, actually. Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pysanka

kind of neat - they break easier than a stamp, though!!

~tigs (who's obviously feeling better!)
Reply to: #652445 by More Great Fun
Nov 6, 2011 7:00am
Board
I like the egg. It is cute, and when I see it wearing shades, I like to peak and see what changes people might have made.