Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Family Fun again

Family Fun again
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Apr 4, 2011 1:01pm
Board
I was reading the recent issue of Family Fun and once again Letterboxing was offered as a way to get your kids to enjoy the outdoors.

~Aurora
Re: Family Fun again
Reply to: #597147 by The hicks from the sticks
Apr 4, 2011 1:17pm
Board
I saw it, too! It's a small mention this time - one of five ways to get your family outside after winter. Directs people to letterboxing.org.

-AG
Reply to: #597151 by ArtGekko
Apr 4, 2011 2:27pm
Board
. Directs people to letterboxing.org.

Maybe someone outta write "Family Fun" and tell them about the other exciting letterboxing web site!
Just my two shavings worth,

TK
Reply to: #597162 by TerraKacher
Apr 4, 2011 3:08pm
Board
Maybe someone outta write "Family Fun" and tell them about the other exciting letterboxing web site!

Actually, the article directs people to the website to learn more. The site has the article they did a few years ago (which I know led several of us to the hobby!) and while AQ is not mentioned in the article, it is in at least 2 of the comments. So those who want to learn more will most likely find us!
Reply to: #597170 by Monkeys!
Apr 4, 2011 5:26pm
Board
[Family Fun] did a few years ago (which I know led several of us to the hobby!)

That's how I learned of Lbing!!

hx6
Reply to: #597162 by TerraKacher
Apr 4, 2011 8:03pm
Board
tell them about the other exciting letterboxing web site!

no need to. I got into boxing, not from a magazine, but from someone writing "Want to keep your kids busy and outdoors this summer? www.letterboxing.org" at the bottom of a school email week after week after week. finally my curiosity overcame me, and I went and poked around over there. links there led me here. I was a member at both sites before I found my first box. there was no looking back after that.

for the full story, if you want it, read my blog about it.

let those who try it and don't like it poke around over there...those who love boxing will find their way over here on their own.

Romana
Reply to: #597254 by Romana
Apr 5, 2011 6:01am
Board
I was a member at both sites before I found my first box.

I looked at my AQ profile and I joined 2 days after finding my first box. I agree with Romana, if one is interested they will find this site too.

hx6
Reply to: #597194 by Hart x6
Apr 6, 2011 5:29am
Board
[Family Fun] did a few years ago (which I know led several of us to the hobby!)

Mine was a FF article 8 years ago!