About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: child accounts

child accounts
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Apr 3, 2011 2:45pm
Board
Created a subaccount for one of my kids, and she would like to change her name. SO, of course I created a subaccount with her NEW name, not thinking. Is there an easy way to delete the old one? Transferring her finds won't be an issue--she only has a handful!

TIA

MS
Re: child accounts
Reply to: #596910 by Mama Stork
Apr 3, 2011 6:19pm
Board
Is there an easy way to delete the old one?

Admins can delete an account.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #596961 by Green Tortuga
Apr 4, 2011 11:18pm
Board
I have a question... a wonder, a need for an opion containing advice from someone who knows more about sub accounts than me?

I know the sub-accounts are here and flurishing, but I am still pondering the use of one as a "child account"...

My reservations are this: 1. I really want to make an account for my little Bugg, she loves boxing and enjoys having her own identity, stamp and "stuff" on the computer. Although she is young she has decided on her "name" and has a signature stamp of her own... since we do postal rings I carved her a special signature stamp for Christmas and she loves using it...
2. I enjoy our team name and like using the "team" stamp for events, mainly becasue it's easier to use one stamp that does not require writing at all. And she doesn't attend events with me yet (her attention span is too short for a whole day of boxing, weather and loads of people all at once!)... 3. I would like to log her finds seperate from mine (Mommy Turtle) so that as she gets older she can actually find and record the stamps she has not actually found with me... I go to events without her and have some "mommy days" of boxing with adults so that I can have fun and find the ones that would not peek her intrest. and last but not least 4. I wonder if by doing so I should actually make 2 sub accounts to log finds and keep all of our plants under the team...

Wondering how difficult, confusing and complicated all this will be...

Thanks for your advice and imput :)
one confused "Mommy Turtle"
Reply to: #597292 by Team Turtle_Bugg
Apr 5, 2011 4:20am
Board
We are the WiseFamily, even though it is mainly my daughter and I who enjoy LBing.

I created a subaccount for her becauase I wanted her to get credit for her own carves, plants and finds.

I am still the owner of anything she does so that I know what is going on.

When we log a find, it will list WiseFamily and WiseFairy and you click the box next to whoever found them. This works great because sometimes we get a postal that she doesn't stamp in, so it's just WiseFamily find. Or she is in two kid rings and all the finds are hers, I don't stamp them in or log them as finds for WiseFamily.

She can receive AQ mail which I read and then tell her any msgs, but she cannot send AQ mail.

We mainly just created the account because she wanted her own finds and plants counted and I wanted her credited as a carver.

HTH
WiseMama
Reply to: #597316 by WiseMama
Apr 5, 2011 12:48pm
Board
Thanks a bunch :) that did help me sort out a few of my own thoughts!!!

I wonder though, do you have your own as well as "WiseMama" or do you only use that when you are talking to, writing, blogging, texting, messaging and such? I ask becasue my friends and a few family memebers I box with call me Mommy Turtle and I have been using that alot, but cannot decide if I should have my own page for finds as well...??? I want to seperate her stuff fo sure, but don't know if I am making too much work for myself by trying to seperate it out further...

Thanks again for the imput and info!
Mommy Turtle
Reply to: #597455 by Team Turtle_Bugg
Apr 5, 2011 2:01pm
Board
No, I use WiseFamily for planting/finds/carving. I sign WiseMama when I'm talking here. If WiseGuy ever starts carving or anything, I'll change. But for now this works just fine.

If you ever see anything WiseFamily you can be 99.9999% sure it's actually me, I am the family spokesperson here. As the boys get older and want to have their own accounts I may re-think everything. Or maybe when I get a premium membership.

WiseMama
Reply to: #597292 by Team Turtle_Bugg
May 13, 2011 10:59am
Board
Not sure if this is the proper way but our family each has a trailname which we log our finds under on AQ, and then a team trail name that encompasses us all. I never log finds under the team name, but the team stamp has all three identities, and our location on it. Family Name= 3 Bees (then the stamp is three bee bodies with Galaxe-grl & moon, VW_Kid & VW symbol, and Jade & a princess crown, on the wings and/or body of wach one of the 3 bees on the stamp. Its in a circle with the wings & antena touching. In the spaces left by the wings is '3 Bees', 'NY', and a pine tree with 'City' the Y is the trunk for Pine City. I find it easier to log in this way, esp for postals then the seperate stamps. But wanted to keep each of our identies so that the finds under each of us were only ones we had seen/participated with. And under each trail names profile is '1 of the 3 Bees'. We each have our own seperate stamps too, for our carves and personal finds.