About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Yay Spring!

Yay Spring!
Board: State: Ohio
Apr 3, 2011 12:56pm
Board
Finally had a chance to get out yesterday with TMD and we had our usual great time--lots of laughing and managed to knock a few boxes off our local list (10 found, 3 attempted)

One of the best parts of the day was that every box we found had been replaced well. Yay local letterboxers!

Got the opportunity to see a few new stamps as well--Pearlicue and Pianodr have a nifty team stamp and LEED has a very cool new siggy as well.

Lots of nifty carves and placements--Pearlicue has a creepy cute series in local graveyards that is a must and is also planting some very neat cryptic clues. I *think* I have them all figured out--now just to get them! ANd a shout out to KimPossible--her first placement is well worth getting--loved my visit and the carve is quite accomplished.

It was also fun to see the familiar stamps of those who ventured out over the winter or in the brief windows of nice weather we had

Happy to be part of such a great community....and happy that the weather has finally turned the corner (I hope I hope)
Re: Yay Spring!
Reply to: #596895 by Mama Stork
Apr 3, 2011 6:58pm
Board
I was able to get out yesterday too!

I never knew how much I would look forward to April 1st so all of the park restrooms would be open! Just another thing I have learned in my 11 months of 'boxing.

Pearlicue's series is AWESOME! Except maybe for the one that a hunter kept asking me what I was doing. Talk about making up a quick story! And, there aren't many one can come up with in these cemeteries! Now I just need to get better at solving the cryptic clues, I'm stumped!

Here's to spring and running across some fantastic people...Letterboxers!

Captain Sunshine
~~~who wishes gas wasn't so high~~~
Reply to: #596973 by Captain Sunshine
Apr 3, 2011 7:02pm
Board
Talk about making up a quick story!

So - what was the story?!
Reply to: #596974 by Team Awesome Pants
Apr 3, 2011 7:24pm
Board
HA!

It really wasn't a good one, BUT...I told him I was a member of "Find A Grave" and explained that sometimes people post requests for pictures of tombstones for geneaology. He looked at me like I had 3 heads, and I felt like I did too. He said I was the third person there that week and wondered what the other people were doing. I just kept standing there nodding my head and apologizing for disrupting him. I was glad when he said, "Well, have a good day" and walked away with his rifle. He was totally clueless=1 for 'boxers and 0 for noxers!
Reply to: #596976 by Captain Sunshine
Apr 3, 2011 8:59pm
Board
Very good - believable, and I've looked for things on that site too. Quite a run of people there that weekend for him to run into.
Reply to: #596895 by Mama Stork
Apr 4, 2011 3:44am
Board
ANd a shout out to KimPossible--her first placement is well worth getting--loved my visit and the carve is quite accomplished.

Thank you Pam for the kind words *blushing*.

Now I just need to get better at solving the cryptic clues, I'm stumped!

I know how you feel Captain Sunshine; I have a hard time with cryptic clues also.

Happy hunting,

Kim