Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Shorty's coming to New Orleans

Shorty's coming to New Orleans
Board: State: Louisiana
Apr 3, 2011 7:33am
Board
Hey everybody. Shorty will be down here around the end of July (July 28- Aug 1, I believe). I know he'd like to meet letterboxers from the area, so if anyone has any suggestions for a place to get together let me know. I was thinking Mark Twain's Pizza in Old Metairie.

dp
Re: Shorty's coming to New Orleans
Reply to: #596827 by dancingpecan
Apr 3, 2011 9:30am
Board
I may or may not be around, depending on the actual day. The girls and I will be in NY for the month of July, but coming back before school starts in early August. So keep us posted as to what day is actually decided upon because I'd love to meet up for an exchange.

YG
Reply to: #596856 by Yumgirl
Apr 3, 2011 10:18am
Board
Will do. :) And I keep meaning to suggest that, if nothing else, over the summer we meet at someplace like LaFreniere Park and have a playdate for the kids.

dp
Apr 3, 2011 3:45pm
Board
Yes I would! : )

Ill be down afternoonish on the 28th, and will be leaving afternoonish on the 1st of August. Will mostly be at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, and sightseeing, and boxing! I dont have my confirmed schedule yet, so I cant plan on meeting at a certain time, but as soon as I know, Ill let you know!
Reply to: #596920 by Shorty
Apr 3, 2011 4:52pm
Board
Hey, Shorty. I thought I'd give some advance notice so people can start checking their schedules. Does pizza sound o.k. or would you rather more New Orleans style food?
Reply to: #596927 by dancingpecan
Apr 3, 2011 4:54pm
Board
Mmmm, Pizza is Yummy! : )
Reply to: #596931 by Shorty
Apr 3, 2011 5:43pm
Board
LOL. For a minute, I wondered if you might be sick of pizza.
Reply to: #596948 by dancingpecan
Apr 3, 2011 6:13pm
Board
No never!
May 28, 2011 7:32pm
Board
(July 28- Aug 1, I believe)

With all the things I want to do, Ive extended my stay into the 2nd, solely for letterboxing. If anyone is able to meet downtown area, any of those days, please aq me and we can exchange numbers and can pick at times. During the 28th-1st, it would still have to be a quick exchange.

Looking forward to my visit, with many boxes!