A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: 'Midnight Madness' scavenger/clue hunt movie

Re: 'Midnight Madness' scavenger/clue hunt movie
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #583883 by paper trail
Apr 4, 2011 1:22pm
Board
Ok, so I checked this out at my local library and we are going to watch it tonight. The question is, is it appropriate for my grade school daughter to watch? The rating is PG but there are some PG movies I'd let my daughter watch and some I won't. What's the worst kind of stuff that happens in this movie?

//Edited to add://

Found this quote on IMDB:

Bratty kid: [looking through telescope at a girl getting undressed in window] If I'm lucky, I may get a view of Venus' two moons.
Adam: [pointing at the sky in the other direction] Hey, Einstein - isn't Venus over there?

Is there nudity? It's a definite no if there's nudity!
Reply to: #597153 by Dizzy
Apr 4, 2011 1:54pm
Board
Go here:

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/

Type in the name of the movie, and it'll tell you everything you need to know about language, sex, etc. A great site.
Reply to: #583883 by paper trail
Apr 4, 2011 3:03pm
Board
Thanks for reminding me about this movie. I requested it so I can watch it with my college aged daughter.....
Reply to: #597158 by Fiddleheads
Apr 4, 2011 4:21pm
Board
I checked but it didn't come up. The movie is probably too old. Oh well, I guess we will start the movie and turn it off if it starts looking iffy. Thanks. :)
Apr 4, 2011 5:58pm
Board
The rating is PG...

Is there nudity?

I'd be pretty surprised if there was any nudity in a movie rated as PG! I can't remember any nudity in the movie when I saw it, but I probably last saw that movie 20 years ago, so it's not like I have a photographic memory of the movie.

But really? Has there ever been a PG movie with any sort of nudity at all? Seems like even a statue of David in the background would have disqualified it as PG (which I think is stupid, but that's another story....)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #597204 by Green Tortuga
Apr 4, 2011 7:30pm
Board
But really? Has there ever been a PG movie with any sort of nudity at all?

I asked if there was nudity but I guess I should have asked how much you got to see because the reference clearly stated that the kid was watching someone get undressed. I was surprised when I read that because I didn't think you'd be able to see something like that in a PG movie which is why I asked. I don't remember what was considered PG in the 80s and whether a bare backside would have been "ok." Turns out, all you ever saw her take off was her cardigan sweater, but my finger was poised on the stop button on the remote.

There were some iffy parts in the movie, like when the clue was "Look between the giant melons" and they meant the busty waitress with the lowcut uniform. Luckily, most of the iffy parts went right over dd's head.
Apr 5, 2011 3:26am
Board
No, no nudity - just the suggestion of, and comment about.