A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Survivor 4/1

Re: Survivor 4/1
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #502750 by Mama Marge
Apr 2, 2010 9:21am
Board
Russell is so darn charming and convincing to the individuals he corners. I think they would be much more resistant if they were not on that island, sleep depraved and weak, as well as hungry.
Reply to: #502683 by TrailTroll
Apr 2, 2010 10:16am
Board
The part that I'll never understand with Jeri is that on the same day she heard him say that he wanted to be in the top 4 with the three women, and then that he wanted the top three to be him with Jeri and Coach. How is that possible? And yet, she believed him!!!
Reply to: #502751 by cheekee monkey
Apr 2, 2010 10:25am
Board
Russell is on the villain side, right? So he doesn't know there is another immunity idol out there? Or were the heroes the only ones finding a note about an idol? And as such, would only be in their camp. It will be fun to see if Russell finds another idol. When and if there is one planted for him to find.
Reply to: #502774 by PBandJ
Apr 2, 2010 10:40am
Board
The part that I'll never understand with Jeri is that on the same day she heard him say that he wanted to be in the top 4 with the three women, and then that he wanted the top three to be him with Jeri and Coach. How is that possible? And yet, she believed him!!!

I was telling my daughter this morning that I didn't remember Jeri being quite so dumb. This season she seems much more wishy-washy than in the past. And putting Coach on the spot the way she did with Russel on the beach... That was just stupid!
Reply to: #502640 by Ursa Major
Apr 2, 2010 10:57am
Board
There are a lot of people who feel that way about Russell. I wonder if Survivor has lost fans because of Russell lasting or gained more because they want to see him voted out? My friend won't watch because of him and can't stand to see or hear him. Knowing he can't possibly win because of the constant backstabbing makes me feel better about other people's chances. For me he provides great drama which is why Jeff thinks he's the greatest Survivor player ever and why the shows brass loves him being on.
Reply to: #502784 by hopeinnc
Apr 2, 2010 11:49am
Board
I was telling my daughter this morning that I didn't remember Jeri being quite so dumb. This season she seems much more wishy-washy than in the past.

We have to remember that it was many ago that the likes of Jeri and Colby were on survivor; 9 years to be exact. I looked it up because Colby just looked so, I don't know, tired, old, un-buff? Same with Jeri who was 29 when she last played and is 38 now. (HUGE difference--for those of you who haven't reached these ages yet!). James had a comment about his "Superman" (Colby) becoming a wimp (or words to that effect)--would be interesting to see James's condition in 9 years.

Jeri said last night that she "was on the wrong team". She certainly isn't playing like the "villain" she was 9 years ago but that's how we'll always think of her. If she'd known then that she would still be unmarried and w/o kids, I wonder what kind of difference that would have made. Personally, I think she looks exactly the same and in damn good shape compared to her 29-year old self.

~~Doublesaj~~
Reply to: #502802 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Apr 2, 2010 1:47pm
Board
I understand that there's a big difference between 29 and 38 but 38 is young compared to the likes of some players who've gone out there and whooped booty without whining about how "old" they are.

-Sweet n' Sassy
(who is 29 but still thinks 38 is not old)