About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Idol?

Idol?
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Mar 24, 2010 2:05pm
Board
Wonder who will be bumped off tonight? Or did they say no one would? I thought I heard that from someone. Or maybe I am thinking about Dancing With the Stars. shrug. ?? Its getting to where I am mixed up on the shows I watch. Who did what with whom?

Simon wasn't happy with Sheboom (sp?) last night. He doesn't think she needs to yell every single time. I understand that statement, irks me I am in agreement with him, however. I still like her singing, tho. Think it will be run for the money with Aaron, Crystal, and She....Sioban?.......what an unusual name.

What to do, what to do, Survivor on at the same time! I don't have tivo, don't have the VCR hooked up any more......I'm afraid Survivor would win out around here. Sure glad DWTS isn't on the same day.
OD
Re: Idol?
Reply to: #500551 by Okie Dog
Mar 24, 2010 2:51pm
Board
It's spelled Siobhan and pronounced Shah-von. Old Irish name.

Honestly, I didn't love her performance as much as last week and I knew that she would get criticized for using the "scream" again, but I still can't believe a girl I know from the Mills is on that show.
Reply to: #500563 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 24, 2010 3:02pm
Board
maybe so... but I LOVED how she had he hair last night! I still think she was the best performer last night.

Wendy
Reply to: #500568 by Wendy
Mar 24, 2010 7:07pm
Board
Thanks, but no, Wendy. But I did get to see both, after all. They followed each other. Idol just went off here. I must say I was surprised by the person who got kicked off's last performance. It defied all that had been happening before hand. A great song choice and rocking the house down. I wonder if the judges were a tad confused by that? Flabbergasted, perhaps? I know I was. It was known this person started off to a great start, but slowly backed themselves into a corner, for some reason. I can't say more or will give it away, and don't want to spoil it for you.
OD
Mar 25, 2010 5:20am
Board
Was she one of your students? I like her but gotta admit I hated that 80s hair this week! What's up with that?
Reply to: #500609 by Okie Dog
Mar 25, 2010 5:34am
Board
I must say I was surprised by the person who got kicked off's last performance. It defied all that had been happening before hand. A great song choice and rocking the house down. I wonder if the judges were a tad confused by that? Flabbergasted, perhaps?

The only part of the show that we caught was the last 5 minutes, but I wasn't at all surprised by who went home. And to be honest, I still wasn't impressed with her final performance. Granted it was better than Tuesday, but still not super (IMHO). I was however shocked by Simon's comment about the judge's option. That was cold!

hope
Mar 29, 2010 4:31am
Board
There was a cool article about Siobhan in our local paper this past weekend.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100328/NEWS/3280329

-CC Lightning Bug