A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Survivor

Re: Survivor
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #500653 by hikergirlamy
Mar 25, 2010 7:07am
Board
What an episode! I was standing on the couch cheering when Tyson got blind-sided.
I hope Rob & Russell both stay in the game. those two going at it makes it more interesting.
Reply to: #500676 by SITE Sleuths
Mar 25, 2010 7:08am
Board
Was it his knee or the banana that got James in the end? big chuckles here.
Reply to: #500653 by hikergirlamy
Mar 25, 2010 9:22am
Board
Tyson blindsided himself.

He listened to the emotional line that Russell was feeding him (look, you can vote Parvati out in a majority - no need for ties or revotes, where you're vulnerable) and failed to understand that if Russell was really changing his vote, the vote would have been: Parvati-4, Russell-3, Tyson-2. Therefore he should have just gone according to plan and had no worries.

Instead, he voted himself out.
Reply to: #500710 by Ursa Major
Mar 25, 2010 9:27am
Board
I thought the show was great last night. Russell really got into Tyson's head. Russell really plays the game well. He may not win this time either but he plays to win. He leaves it all out there. I love that about him.
Reply to: #500713 by R2L2D-J
Mar 25, 2010 9:34am
Board
My husband and I are die-hard Survivor fans. I won't even take phone calls - is this bad or what? In fact the phone rang last night and I told him "I'm not home". Luckily it was his sister, but he missed the Tribal Counsil.

OC
Reply to: #500720 by Oliver and Company
Mar 25, 2010 11:15am
Board
My husband and I are die-hard Survivor fans. I won't even take phone calls - is this bad or what? In fact the phone rang last night and I told him "I'm not home

We dont answer the phone during Survivor, Amazing Race or LOST!
Reply to: #500769 by Crazyolis
Mar 25, 2010 11:20am
Board
I have a friend that called and I told her there was only 4 minutes left, she said, Bye..and hung up, ha ha. She knows me and my shows, well.
Mar 25, 2010 11:28am
Board
We dont answer the phone during Survivor, Amazing Race or LOST!

Now I don't feel so bad.
Reply to: #500720 by Oliver and Company
Mar 25, 2010 11:41am
Board
We have Tivo, but even with that, I watch it live...I can't even wait the 20 minutes or so for the commercial time allowance. And even with Tivo, I don't take phone calls. I know I could pause it and continue after the phone call, but no way am I going to!!
Mar 25, 2010 11:00pm
Board
I just finished watching Survivor, and I really hope to see Rob and Russel make it to the end. Those two totally rock at playing the game. They're devious, underhanded, and such incredibly smart players. If I were playing, I could only wish I could play that game half as well as they do.

And the play Russel did this round--absolutely brilliant. Talking about playing it close to the edge. That man was hanging from his fingertips, and he managed to turn it around. But he's still on thin ice. While Rob's plan didn't exactly work out as expected, he did flush out the immunity idol--and it still doesn't seem like Russel has enough support to keep from getting voted out the next around.

Very fascinating. Can't wait to see what sort of talk happens back in camp on the Villians tribe. That should certainly be interesting!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #500955 by Green Tortuga
Mar 26, 2010 5:00am
Board
I finally got Wednesday's episode watched last night. WOW! This is a season of serious twists, turns and treachery.

And the play Russel did this round--absolutely brilliant. Talking about playing it close to the edge. That man was hanging from his fingertips, and he managed to turn it around.

Rob is an expert at this game, but Russel plays with more guts than anyone I've ever seen. Talk about manipulative! The man is a master. He was last season, but I thought he was going to have to work it harder this time. Nope. He still manages to convince folks to do some stupid things to his advantage. I'm amazed!
Mar 26, 2010 6:50am
Board
still doesn't seem like Russell has enough support to keep from getting voted out the next around.

I don't know, he has Coach & Parvati on his side. Danielle is with Parvati so that makes it 4 on 4.
Russell, Parvati, Danielle & Coach
vs.
Rob, Sandra, Courtney & Jerry

Makes for an interesting game. Coach may get Jerry to flop sides and then Russell will have the numbers. Or Jerry can get Coach to flip and then Rob will have the numbers. Eeeeeee I'm on the edge of my seat.
Mar 26, 2010 10:31am
Board
There will probably be another immunity idol.

Russell should join the army because he would make a fantastic general.

Of course I still hope Russell goes before Boston Rob.
Reply to: #501058 by JESSS
Mar 26, 2010 1:15pm
Board
he did flush out the immunity idol

in seasons past (especially last one) if an idol is PLAYED then they replant another up until the cut off point of when they could use it....russell obviously knows this, but i wonder if the others do??? In so many other seasons people were either voted off with idols in their pockets and they never got played, or people that had them, never had to use them and they never got played. The ones that were actually played DID get rehid
so we shall see if Russell will work his magic once again, and start digging and pawing where ever he can for something hidden.

Has anyone else now referred to their own actions as doing "a Russell" ---when out in the woods you mysteriously look in spots hoping to find letterboxes with out clues :)
BB
Reply to: #501109 by BootyBandits
Mar 26, 2010 5:50pm
Board
I still say the man has GOT to be a boxer or a cacher!
Reply to: #501178 by The Zoo
Mar 27, 2010 5:59am
Board
I still say the man has GOT to be a boxer or a cacher!

Couldn't possibly be a boxer. He's way to manipulative and mean! Granted, he's crafty...
Reply to: #501109 by BootyBandits
Mar 27, 2010 6:57am
Board
(Has anyone else now referred to their own actions as doing "a Russell" ---when out in the woods you mysteriously look in spots hoping to find letterboxes with out clues :))

I have had this happen twice. When a rocked looked out of place or sticks are piled in an odd way. Oh course, this is a little crazy to say nature looked out place in nature. But you all know what I mean.

But this is what made me think Russell is a boxer. You have to have practice looking at misplaced nature. ha

So, I guess I have pulled a Russell :)
Reply to: #500997 by Oliver and Company
Mar 27, 2010 8:17am
Board
Russell is too smart not to get voted out. And Sandra really has no ties. She just votes for whomever just as long as it's not her. It's how she won Survivor before. Russell is the manipulator of everyone and i think Rob is in trouble more than anyone else in that tribe. Once Russell decides you are a threat, he'll find any means to get that person off. And based on this past episode, he will be after Rob to vote him out and i don't think Rob will last too much longer.
Reply to: #501265 by Spakinois
Mar 27, 2010 8:24am
Board
And Sandra really has no ties. She just votes for whomever just as long as it's not her.

This is what's got me really worried for Rob. Unless Sandra's game has changed (and she said at the beginning that it hadn't), then he needs to keep the upper hand to keep Sandra. If Russell has a better deal for her, she will vote for Rob in a heartbeat.