A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Idol - Major SPOILER and RANT

Re: Idol - Major SPOILER and RANT
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #497777 by Ezmerelda
Mar 11, 2010 8:48pm
Board
Didn't watch the show, but I did check the list of the top 12 that TV Guide posted. I was happy to see Siobhan made it.

TG
Reply to: #497765 by Gryffindors
Mar 11, 2010 10:33pm
Board
Andrew is AMAZING and needs to stay, at least for a while. I don't think he'll make it to the end but he has a different and original voice. Alex is young and might be back again.

But seriously, they got rid of LILY and kept Katie??!! There was NO contest there. Insane, I tell ya. . .

~~Doublesaj~~
Reply to: #497767 by Gryffindors
Mar 11, 2010 10:53pm
Board
I am sooooo with you there. I can't BELIEVE that Katie or Didi didn't get sent home. Was it the Patsy Cline song?
Don't get it, but even though Andrew hasn't been up to par, I would've been distraught if he was not on the next couple of shows.
~Nite Momith
Reply to: #497802 by Nite Momith
Mar 12, 2010 3:39am
Board
I thought all the vote-offs last night were fair.

I know they loved Alex and I can see his talent and potential, but his voice is just too nasal for me - I did not enjoy listening to him, and he was kind of painful to watch - he was so nervous. Who knows how long until he loosened up.

I liked Lily, but she was already getting old for me. She's a very stylized singer with a unique voice. I think she's very talented and I enjoyed one song a week from her, but I can't imagine a whole album - she would grate on me also. And, yes, the song hurt her - not because of the song - but because her performance wasn't great. IMO - you can't sing that song with a smile on your face - talk about not feeling the lyrics. It's not a cutesie song.

I couldn't believe her reaction - she must really have an ego. She pretty much dissed all the other remaining contestants by her reaction.

None of the 4 voted off was going to win. Right now it's a race between Crystal, Siobhan, and Big Mike.

I think I'm channeling Simon Cowell here.
Mar 12, 2010 3:45am
Board
I am so with you... Lilly was the big surprise for me. I thought she was a really good singer. But I think a lot of the voters are younger and neither her music or look is mainstream.

I also thought that Alex and Katelyn probably both deserved to stay around a little longer than a couple of the others who are still there (i.e. Andrew, Katie, Paige), but I didn't feel either of them was "great" and I doubt that either of them would have made it to the end, so it's not such a big deal.

Toddrick... no surprise there.

SpringChick
Mar 12, 2010 3:48am
Board
Last night was totally insane on Idol! I thought I had a pretty good grip on who was leaving this week and I was so wrong!!!

Alex I was worried about, not because of his voice, but the poor thing was scared to death on stage. I really felt for him when he had to perform his farewell song. But seriously, can we get over Andrew singing "Straight Up"? I'm so sick of hearing that one! I thought little Aaron would be leaving this week, but I was so wrong.

But seriously, they got rid of LILY and kept Katie??!! There was NO contest there. Insane, I tell ya. . .

That blew me totally away! I knew Katelyn was a goner (please don't screw up Carole King) but thought Katie would go with her. Never in a million years did I think Lily would leave! She wasn't my favorite, but by far better than some that are still in.

hopeinnc