A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: redneck sledding

Re: redneck sledding
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #486494 by airstream dreams
Jan 31, 2010 11:54am
Board
We're fixing to go sledding on a hill that has an electric fence at the bottom. It takes just the right timing to get a good ride, but still roll off at the precise moment to not get caught in the fence...... LOL! That's fairly redneck too ;-))

Mama Fox
Jan 31, 2010 12:10pm
Board
redneck sledding

ROFLAO

Will probably go back out after while and play in the snow some more.

You mean after you get finished staring at an orange juice container because it says, "CONCENTRATE".

You be careful now and remember to bundle up in yer homemade fur coat!!

;o) Love ya!!
Reply to: #486503 by The Little Foxes
Jan 31, 2010 12:14pm
Board
sledding on a hill that has an electric fence at the bottom

That's fairly redneck too ;-))

Sooo, in the summer is your idea of high-quality entertainment a six-pack and a bug-zapper??!!

Bahahahaha....for more "redneck" jokes go to: http://www.fortogden.com/foredneck.html

I kid Kay, I kid.....
:o)
Reply to: #486503 by The Little Foxes
Jan 31, 2010 12:16pm
Board
We're fixing to go sledding on a hill that has an electric fence at the bottom.

OMG!!! That reminds me of when we use to sled down a hill on a car hood with a pond at the bottom. We would pile as many as we could on the hood and you know there is no controlling (steering) except to bail off. It would be some many people on the hood that you couldn't see where you were going so when you noticed that it wasn't as many as when you started you knew it was time to bail or swim.
Reply to: #486506 by airstream dreams
Jan 31, 2010 12:45pm
Board
When I was a kid we would sled down a hill and have to leap off or get caught in the fence at the bottom (not electric though, just barbed wire). The tricky part was the big Guernsey dairy cow that got so excited about us sledding that she would run down the hill with us. So the challenge was to dive off the sled AND miss the thundering hooves of the 1500lb cow galloping down the hill next to you.......

I'm not making this up......

Mama Fox, who grew up in small town Kentucky and didn't get out much ;-))
Reply to: #486513 by The Little Foxes
Jan 31, 2010 12:55pm
Board
the big Guernsey dairy cow that got so excited about us sledding that she would run down the hill with us.

Dang, cows are cool.
Reply to: #486513 by The Little Foxes
Jan 31, 2010 1:35pm
Board
I use to ride our baby calves when I was younger. Would get a stick and tie a clump of grass on the end. Dangle it in front of them and they would run all over the yard trying to get that clump of grass.

I never was much for sledding cause I rode on that same car hood with ASD's a few times. But after a few not so fun roll offs I lost the thrill. Of course those crazy's.. I mean ASD would go and go...
Feb 3, 2010 3:17pm
Board
hehe!

what we used to do when I was a kid...
my uncles would get an old junk car hood and tie a big rope to the front edge....
turn the hood over so that the top side is against the snow and all of probably 10 of us would pile on and yeeeeehaaaw!
Here we'd go!

memories!

:)
Reply to: #486506 by airstream dreams
Feb 3, 2010 3:21pm
Board
OMG!!! That reminds me of when we use to sled down a hill on a car hood with a pond at the bottom. We would pile as many as we could on the hood and you know there is no controlling (steering) except to bail off. It would be some many people on the hood that you couldn't see where you were going so when you noticed that it wasn't as many as when you started you knew it was time to bail or swim.

ROFLMAO!!!
(see my previous post)

this is EXACTLY how we did it too and what I was just mentioning ;)

Car hoods...that was how it was done!