About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Welcome!

Welcome!
Board: Why Did I Just Do That!?
Oct 9, 2009 2:10pm
Board
Welcome to my new board! I'll start it off with this "Why did I just do that!?" moment:
Last night I was going to put the cap back on the pen I was using. It was one of those super fine point ball point pens with the tapered metal tip. Well, first of all, I was holding the cap in my left hand and the pen in my right hand. I was holding the cap lower than the pen and the tip of the pen was pointed down, so in order to put the cap back on I had the bring the pen down in a somewhat stabbing motion to get it into the cap. The second problem is that I wasn't looking at what I was doing, I was watching TV instead. So guess what happened? That's right, I managed to stab my own finger with the metal tip of the pen, I completely missed the cap, and the metal point went into my finger. Ouch! I pulled the pen out and my finger was bleeding, I was worried that ink would get into my blood so I forced it to bleed for a bit. Today my finger is all sore and bruised, all because I was too interested with the TV show. I don't even remember what I was watching! =oP
I guess I took the "inky fingers" saying to a whole new level!
Re: Welcome!
Reply to: #449338 by Captain Raehawk
Oct 10, 2009 7:05am
Board
I guess I took the "inky fingers" saying to a whole new level!

Some people just always have to go one better than everyone else! ;-)

T2R
Reply to: #449338 by Captain Raehawk
Oct 12, 2009 7:17pm
Board
oh dear.... where do I start??....

The most recent was when I was replacing the drain pipe in our upstairs bathroom which was leaking. The sink was dated back to the 50's so I thought I would make it a worthwhile project and replace that at the same time. It was at the end of the day when I came upon the issue that the parts I purchased would not fit into the existing plumbing fixed into the wall... $@*& !!! (as with most plumbing self-do-it projects). I placed a bucket under the sink for the night to drain the sink into so it could still be used. The next day I got the needed pipes and fittings to adapt the new sink to the wall, set the work area up, pulled the half full bucket out and..... EMPTIED IT INTO THE SINK!!!
Reply to: #450242 by Chunna
Oct 12, 2009 7:42pm
Board
Priceless!