About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: The Troll Letterboxes in Savannah

The Troll Letterboxes in Savannah
Board: State: South Carolina
Jan 10, 2009 4:53am
Board
OK well here is another wonderful Troll Letterboxing story.

Yesterday morning early the Troll and I go for a walk.... I ask if I can take my letterbox stuff ... he says ..............

NO! You can do that LATER HOLLY !

So we go for a walk ...... I tell him .... I know there is one right here in this square ... he rolls his eyes like he always does ...... (so this is the first time I am at the box)

We return from our walk and off he goes across the river to the trade show..... I grab my backpack, clues and map and go box....

So I return to this square and there is NO WAY that I can get this box (visit 2) .... there are people everywhere ..... so I walk on .... box ...... come back again (visit 3) ..... NO WAY can I do this .... and it is driving me nuts .... walk over to the next square to get another box.... get it with no problem ............... BUT can't put it back .... all of a sudden there are people all over the place .... so I take it with me .....

OK so I meet up with the Troll and friends of ours ... I tell them to come with me ... I need not only COVER ... but I need them to distract anyone that might be around ... I have to get one box and put one back ....

So we walk to the first square (visit #4) and there is not a guy set up selling art RIGHT IN FRONT of where the box is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG .... I tell them I can't do this .... no way ... I can't chance it ........ The Troll walks over there with his blackberry and pretends to be looking at the plant and takes a picture .... he comes back and says I can see it Holly it is right there as he points it out on the picture.... so the 3 of them walk over to look at the guys art... to distract him while I grab the box ............ I am a nervous .... so I ease over the to spot and go to reach for the box and I hear the Troll LAUGH and say HOLLY !!!! .... I jump up and away from the spot with no box........

Well ......

While they were over there looking at the art ... The guy saw me go to the plant .... and he says to the Troll ........................................

Is she looking for that stupid plastic box ?????????????????????????

LOL

So needless to say .... I get the box because the guy knows about it .... he tells the Troll that you should see it sometimes people climb in there on their hands and knees ... for that stupid plastic box !

OK so ..... I still have to put this other one back .... so we walk to the next square and I have them crowd around me while I put the box back ................ WHEW !!! Nervous boxing .....

:O)

Needless to say the Troll thought that the comment that guy made was BEYOND priceless !

I have one more to find within walking distance .... I was gonna go this morning but I am sitting on the bed looking out the window at the bridge and the river and don't feel like getting up just yet ! :O)

Hollerin' Holly the Troll Master !
Re: The Troll Letterboxes in Savannah
Reply to: #334733 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jan 10, 2009 8:01am
Board
I noted the board you posted on... you DO know that Savannah is in GEORGIA... right!? ;-)

Looks like you're still having trouble with those Jedi mind tricks... heeheehee

*S
Reply to: #334790 by BrewHiker
Jan 10, 2009 8:58am
Board
I know Savannah is in GA...:)

But Holly (from SC) is also in GA... ANd that is where this thread started...

LOL 5
Reply to: #334790 by BrewHiker
Jan 10, 2009 9:46am
Board
I noted the board you posted on... you DO know that Savannah is in GEORGIA... right!? ;-)

Looks like you're still having trouble with those Jedi mind tricks... heeheehee

You got me ...... So used to the SC board.... did not even occur to me to post it to the GA board ! LOL

Reply to: #334845 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jan 10, 2009 10:26am
Board
did not even occur to me to post it to the GA board

Well, of course it wouldn't. You were posting about the Troll and I doubt those GA people would understand how hilarious that is that the Troll actually went letterboxing.

You know what got me? Here's this guy selling his artwork, which may or may not be something anyone in their right mind would want ;-), and he's got the nerve to call a box containing someone else's artwork stupid????

I got a good mind to go down there and 'splain a few things to him. ;-)

Knit Wit
Reply to: #334860 by knit wit
Jan 10, 2009 10:47am
Board
Well, of course it wouldn't. You were posting about the Troll and I doubt those GA people would understand how hilarious that is that the Troll actually went letterboxing.

OMG!! This totally reminds me . . . I was talking with Terrio of WI earlier this week. She is going to be hosting AJ Basset in March. She has a blog of another buddy she hosted - HOLLY the Moose! Holly the Moose also spent time with our very own Clown. BUT, when HOLLY the Moose was with Terrio, they visited . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . TROLL VILLAGE!!! In her blog she quotes "In this town there are a ton of Trolls all over...it is known as the troll city and there is even a main highway called "the trollway." It has trolls all along it."

Love ya Holly!

~resQlou

EDITED TO ADD: http://www.trollway.com/
Reply to: #334866 by resQlou
Jan 10, 2009 10:52am
Board
Did I hear some one say road trip?...5
Reply to: #334870 by 5 IS ALIVE
Jan 10, 2009 10:53am
Board
I was afraid she'd MOVE there!!
Reply to: #334871 by resQlou
Jan 10, 2009 10:54am
Board
Ha....Holly will never move off that mountain....5
Reply to: #334872 by 5 IS ALIVE
Jan 10, 2009 10:57am
Board
ah yeah, you got me there!
Jan 10, 2009 12:12pm
Board
troll city and there is even a main highway called "the trollway."

That is so cool. That would be a fun visit. LOL

I have The Smokey Mountain Troll's Cousins series in Gatlinburg. One of them is even in a Troll Store. Holly, you need to visit the Smokey Mountain Troll store. It is very close to the Event.
Jan 10, 2009 1:04pm
Board
Maybe we can get the Troll to move there !!! You are right ... I am not moving out of the valley ..... when I kick the bucket ..... just dig a hole with the backhoe !

Holly
Reply to: #334860 by knit wit
Jan 10, 2009 1:10pm
Board

YEAH and a few of them actually think he is OK !!! they would never understand !

and he's got the nerve to call a box containing someone else's artwork stupid????

I think it was the plastic box that he was calling stupid ..... and us "nuts" who would crawl on our hands and knees into a shrub to find said box ! LORD knows what he would have thought if he saw me in that OTHER BUSH ..... Dang near took me 30 minutes to find that one .... I was in that bush FOREVER looking through the leaves in a PUBLIC PLACE CUSSIN ya !

Reply to: #334891 by Hale s Angel
Jan 10, 2009 1:11pm
Board
I have The Smokey Mountain Troll's Cousins series in Gatlinburg. One of them is even in a Troll Store. Holly, you need to visit the Smokey Mountain Troll store. It is very close to the Event.

Bookmarking post !

Reply to: #334918 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jan 10, 2009 1:12pm
Board
Holly are you home?
Reply to: #334919 by 5 IS ALIVE
Jan 10, 2009 1:22pm
Board
Nope .... still in Savannah .... got a box this morning . .... lunch at Paula Dean's ....... a few black and tans at the Irish Pub ..... and somebody is taking us out for a REALLY nice dinner tonight ..the Chophouse I think .. We will leave in the morning and pick up Sean Trooper in Anderson on the way !

I am having a great time ....

Holly
Reply to: #334733 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jan 11, 2009 10:22am
Board
It's funny....when you think you are being sneaky and someone is laughing as they know what you are up to the entire time. :) Glad you found our box.
Ang