About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Lazy boxing -- Boxing by limosine

Lazy boxing -- Boxing by limosine
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Jan 3, 2009 11:55pm
Board
I won a limo package at our company Christmas party this year. I decided to use it to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday. We were trying to figure out where we wanted to go. It had to be family friendly, my 8 yo and mother were going along for the ride. I casually mentioned that we could pick up a drive by letterbox or two. My daughter said okay, so I beelined it for the computer and printed out three clues.

I explained it a tiny bit to Charles, the driver, he said he had been to two of the locations and I had a map to the third.

By the third box, Charles, the driver was a bit more interested. He actually helped me figure out the clues and walked with us to the area where the box was supposed to be. It is known as a haunted area, so when I heard a loud noise, he went back to the car to wait. I had told him, seriously, that if I got too freaked out I was jumping back in and we were going to get the heck out of there. Unfortunately, the box wasn't there. It could be, it was midnight and I had drank a couple of rum and cokes. I'll check again in daylight. But, oh it was so much fun boxing that way, I could get used to it.

This is a picture of me stamping in with Charles holding the light.

Janet
Re: Lazy boxing -- Boxing by limosine
Reply to: #331532 by Blooming Flower
Jan 4, 2009 6:08am
Board
that sounds like an awesome time only a classy letterboxer would think to use the limo thats boxing in style congrats glad you had a good time.
Reply to: #331532 by Blooming Flower
Jan 4, 2009 7:29am
Board
LOL that must have been a funny sight. I wonder what the limo drivers first thought was when you told him what you wanted to do. I know my sisters first thought when I told her about it was "is it legal?"
Reply to: #331587 by SITE Sleuths
Jan 4, 2009 1:24pm
Board
"is it legal?"

That's the same response I got from my brother too!

Sally-O
Reply to: #331739 by Sally O
Jan 4, 2009 3:49pm
Board
"is it legal?"

That's the same response I got from my brother too!

I'm assuming y'all mean the police kind of legal, rather than the letterboxing community legal. The driver was able to pull off the road rather easily. It was pitch dark (the scary kind), so no one was around either location besides an 18 wheeler that drove by. We just stood up and waited till he passed to go about our searching.

If y'all are talkin' about the lb community, don't see as that posed any problems. The driver shouldn't pose a threat to the integrity of the boxes. Sometimes, you can just tell.

I would suggest boxing by limo to anyone who may have the chance. Having an experienced driver to get you to the location is great. I have a tendency to, what is the word, well, lets just say it takes me longer to get to my location than it should. I don't really get lost, just a bit confused.

Janet