About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: A "Stinky" Boxing Adventure in Charlotte

A "Stinky" Boxing Adventure in Charlotte
Board: State: North Carolina
Nov 2, 2008 7:29am
Board
At the last minute, airstream dreams and I decide to "get out of town"...so we headed to the Huntersville/Charlotte area to do some boxing. While searching for one of the seekers boxes...I got myself into a bit of a stinky situation!!

As I was investigating a bush, I got excited begcause I could see that the very old and matted mulch around it had been kicked and moved around!! I reached down, just knowing the box was there under that turned over mulch and stuck my fingers in a cat poop!! I instantly figured out what I had done and ran screaming to airstream dreams who began squeezing hand sanitizer all over my fingers. After washing with that several times and using a lemon-scented cleansing cloth, my fingers still stunk! We rode to a McDonalds while I held my left hand out the opened window...there, I washed my hands in the sink 4 times! Finally the smell was gone...but the thought lingered all day.

Now I have to ask...How does that compare to a Dina B. story??! ;o)

Aside from that small mishap...we had a great time and a beautiful Autumn day, perfect for boxing!!

Turtlelove :o)
Re: A "Stinky" Boxing Adventure in Charlotte
Reply to: #305399 by turtlelove
Nov 2, 2008 7:40am
Board
I reached down, just knowing the box was there under that turned over mulch and stuck my fingers

You're much braver than I am. I don't touch anything without poking it with my walking stick first. LOL!
Nov 2, 2008 8:05am
Board
Thanks for the laugh! Thank goodness you washed off the smell.
Nov 2, 2008 8:22am
Board
Oh our poor sweet turtle .... I think Ms Seeker is booby trapping her boxes now so her stories don't seem so ............

:O)

Holly
Nov 2, 2008 10:01am
Board
As I was investigating a bush, I got excited begcause I could see that the very old and matted mulch around it had been kicked and moved around!! I reached down, just knowing the box was there under that turned over mulch and stuck my fingers in a cat poop!!

LOL! That was nasty!!
Reply to: #305416 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Nov 2, 2008 11:17am
Board
I think Ms Seeker is booby trapping her boxes now.

Don't be silly.............. I don't even HAVE a cat !!

GREAT STORY Turtlelove !! Thanks for sharing ...... Sorry you got "IN THE *YOU KNOW WHAT*.

hahaha
Nov 2, 2008 11:18am
Board
compare to a Dina B. story?

I think that TOPS any Dina B. story I've ever heard.... I mean, told.....
Reply to: #305473 by theseekers1108
Nov 2, 2008 11:20am
Board
I've been known to "sniff" out a letterbox or two...but I apparently didn't smell this one coming!! Tee Hee...

Turtlelove