Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Kids say the funniest things...

Kids say the funniest things...
Board: Kid Shenanigans
Sep 22, 2008 7:28pm
Board
So, my daughter Katie was on my computer, looking through some online coloring book pages, when she sees one titled "Female Bear With Fruit." She looked at me, shook her head, and said in that innocent and exasperated way that only a 7 year old can:

"Female Bear With Fruit? What next, Male Bear With Nuts???"

I had to leave the room.

-wassamatta_u
Re: Kids say the funniest things...
Reply to: #286236 by wassamatta u
Sep 22, 2008 7:52pm
Board
That's hilarious! Love it! :)
Sep 22, 2008 8:00pm
Board
Thanks for sharing not only the story but the coloring page as well. I had so much fun going back to my inner child and coloring that pretty bear!
Sep 22, 2008 8:11pm
Board
That was all around Fun. thanks for sharing. GG
Sep 22, 2008 8:17pm
Board
She looked at me, shook her head, and said in that innocent and exasperated way that only a 7 year old can:

"Female Bear With Fruit? What next, Male Bear With Nuts???"

I had to leave the room.

Wassa ...... all I have to say is ...... no DNA test required ............LOL
Sep 25, 2008 5:11pm
Board
On that same note, I was heading to the office today and I passed one of the 1st grade classes. They were taking a water/restroom break, then meeting their teacher in the middle of the hallway (our boys and girls restrooms are at opposite ends of the hall, so you have to stand in the middle and try to monitor both).

Anyway, one of the little girls comes skipping down the hall to her teacher making the general sounds that one reserves for tearing across a playground (in other words, our 6 foot voices instead of our six inch voice). Her teacher, one of the calmest women I know, says to her in a patient little singsong, "Self control, (name omitted)...self control."

The child comes to a screeching halt, looks up at her and says, "Hey! How do YOU know that word???"

We looked at each other, two teachers with 30 or more combined years of 5-12 year olds under our belts...and I had to duck into the office to crack up!
Reply to: #287775 by Sprite and Highlander
Sep 26, 2008 7:44am
Board
On that same note

The other day my 5 yr old had kept asking and asking to do something each time I had said "no" finally tired of it I got upset and said "NO you may not do (what ever it was). . . PERIOD! don't ask again." He replied "just so you know mom, a period is what comes at the end of a sentance."

Hmmm, I don't know if he will live to be 6?? After cracking up I told him that I was sure that he got my point then.

Mystic Dreamer
Reply to: #288010 by Mystic Dreamer
Sep 26, 2008 9:29am
Board
I was in the grocery store the other day with my 4 yr old and 9 yr old. For once, the 9-er was acting perfect.

I ran into one of my patient's husband. So he and I stood there and talked a minute. My 4 yr old said, "mama, come on, I want to go". I said "Bradley, I am talking to Mr. Leroy first."

To that, he replied "Well hi there, Mr. Leroy, we have to go, my mama is busy!"

I was so embarrassed, but now that patient is here in the hospital. I ran into Mr Leroy this morning and apologized profusely about my son. He said he understood and that impatient children really do say the darnedest things.
Reply to: #288089 by sweet n sour
Sep 26, 2008 9:37am
Board
Last night I was putting our 5-1/2 year old to bed, and he looks at me after I turned out the light and suddenly says "Mom, I know how Santa finds everybody's house."

"Really, Boo? How?"

"GPS!"

We don't even own one, and I have no idea how he came to know what it does! Santa can't skip our house now!

-AG
Reply to: #288092 by ArtGekko
Sep 26, 2008 3:12pm
Board
Can I sneak mine in here?!
I'm trying to hide it because of the wording ;-)

Where I live, they celebrate "Dyngus Day" which falls the day after Easter. One of the sillier things that occur at this "Polish" celebration is the males tapping available females with pussy willow branches. My Mom attended these festivities for years always bringing pussy willows home with her.

My oldest son who was then 3 1/2, spent the night at Grandma's at some point that week. He apparently had never seen or felt a pussy willow until then. I had already spoken to my Mom before my son returned home and was aware of how excited he was over these fuzzy ended branches.

Upon returning home, he came running up the driveway as elated as I'd ever seen him. I'm ever so thankful I knew what the forthcoming excitement was about. All he managed to articulate is his animated & fast paced toddler voice was; "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! GGGGGuess what I did at Grandma's? I gggggot to touch... I ffffelt... Grandma let me touch her woolly p**sy."

True story. I thought my Mother was going to crawl under a rock.
Reply to: #288229 by GreatBigSabres
Sep 26, 2008 3:19pm
Board
Laughing so hard having trouble typing....
Sep 26, 2008 8:50pm
Board
I'm glad I made 9 of you laugh.

Honestly, when my son uttered those words I was speechless. To quote :mouse: "I laughed so hard, tears where running down my legs" :-D

This is WHY WE NEED emoticons :LOL:
Reply to: #286257 by Shoafsters
Sep 28, 2008 8:04am
Board
Me too Me too! I never colored on the computer before! THanks Wassa! Terrio
Reply to: #286257 by Shoafsters
Sep 29, 2008 10:22am
Board
Yes, I colored him for a mental break at work.

What fun!

KuKu
Feb 12, 2009 9:19am
Board
Upon returning home, he came running up the driveway as elated as I'd ever seen him. I'm ever so thankful I knew what the forthcoming excitement was about. All he managed to articulate is his animated & fast paced toddler voice was; "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! GGGGGuess what I did at Grandma's? I gggggot to touch... I ffffelt... Grandma let me touch her woolly p**sy."

Just saw this through one of Wassa's widget things! Now that I've lived in upstate NY long enough, I have to wonder...did Grandma also let him touch her butt(er lamb)? :-D
Reply to: #349674 by Sprite and Highlander
Aug 25, 2009 5:29am
Board

Just saw this through one of Wassa's widget things! Now that I've lived in upstate NY long enough, I have to wonder...did Grandma also let him touch her butt(er lamb)? :-D

I too just saw this one through Wassa's Widget, and have to wonder what a butter lamb is? A flower I presume, ....funny S&H.
Reply to: #433434 by Okie Dog
Aug 25, 2009 5:34am
Board
Maybe pussywillow? That's funny.
Reply to: #433434 by Okie Dog
Sep 1, 2009 6:54pm
Board
For your reading pleasure! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_lamb

You can also look up pics of butter lambs on the net. We've got the Broadway Market her in Buffalo, which makes these all the time for Easter.