A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: college football preseason polls

Re: college football preseason polls
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #259188 by Mn8X
Jul 29, 2008 12:54pm
Board
Except for that Ohio State #1 part. Auburn and Clemson sure drop dramatically in that poll. Oklahoma is still a little high but they do well in the regular season.

But for a true motivation I like WVU being underrated and overlooked until late November. It fits the 'Eer persona better. The good thing with Rod gone, if we get back in the top 2 we certainly shouldn't overlook anyone especially our traditional arch rival Pitt.

Now is we can just beat Colorado, Auburn and South Florida. But that is getting ahead of myself.

Beat Villanova!
Go Utah beat Michigan!

There that is better living in the moment and all.

All laughs aside it should be fun doing the college bowl challenge again this year. Did you by any chance end up with my WVU-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl stamp? If so I would love to trade one of other stamps I got for it! I have a Buckeye and Clemson one!
Reply to: #259188 by Mn8X
Jul 29, 2008 12:58pm
Board
WOW Wake Forest goes 11-0 and is ranked 7th behind three teams with a loss. Looks like the ACC is getting NO RESPECT! Kind of where the Big East was supposed to be once Miami, Va Tech, Boston College left. Looks like there presence in the ACC has instilled a death spiral for football in the ACC. Particularly with Florida State and Miami hovering around .500 records.
Reply to: #259213 by IrishRef
Jul 29, 2008 1:01pm
Board
Florida football pecking order:

1 Florida Gators
2 South Florida Bulls
3-5 Toss up between Florida State, Miami, and Central Florida Knights
6. Florida International
Reply to: #259038 by Mn8X
Aug 2, 2008 9:53pm
Board
As long as Ohio State stays in the #1 spot, it's all good!

O-H

I-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry I am a little behind on my board reading or I would have had your back sooner!)

GO BUCKEYES!

I like seeing Michigan waaaaay down at #47. LOL
Reply to: #259208 by IrishRef
Oct 9, 2008 9:02am
Board
All laughs aside it should be fun doing the college bowl challenge again this year. Did you by any chance end up with my WVU-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl stamp? If so I would love to trade one of other stamps I got for it! I have a Buckeye and Clemson one!

BTW, that's on the agenda for the bowl games. One change this year: if you don't have your prize stamp in by the time the first game is played, you're dropped from the pool. I don't want to see you get hosed again IrishRef, by not getting the one continually promised stamp that never came...although you did get some others.

Still, you guys could carve your stamps this far out and be ahead of the game, you know.

MWL
Reply to: #293911 by MoWizLiz
Oct 9, 2008 9:08am
Board
I don't want to see you get hosed again IrishRef

I love it already conceding the victory?

Stamps ahead would be great.
Reply to: #293918 by IrishRef
Oct 9, 2008 10:17am
Board
I love it already conceding the victory?

Um, well, ah, you know how it goes, being in the shadow of greatness. (laughing) Won't tell anyone how the darts selected my order last time. In that pool, I felt a little like Stan Humphries after the second time he got knocked during a sack just before he retired. He came up obviously not having a clue where it was for a few seconds. I know so little about college football, except to automatically think LSU when I see purple and yellow together or Michigan when dark blue and yellow together.