Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: The Bad News and the Good News ;-))

The Bad News and the Good News ;-))
Board: State: North Carolina
Jul 25, 2008 1:55pm
Board
Only fellow letterboxers will appreciate this:

The bad news: my bad cat peed on my letterboxing backpack (the blue one, for those who've met me)

The good news: my logbooks were not in it, and she just peed on one corner, so nothing was ruined.... but the backpack itself

The bad news: I washed it with my secret "cat pee smell" eliminator and in orange stuff - and it still smells like cat pee.

The good news: it also smells like oranges.

The bad news: while halfheartedly shopping for backpacks at Target and other places, I found nothing I liked in relation to the price. More bad news - because I work at a preschool that's off until late August, I don't get paid again til Sept 30.

The REALLY good news: I went to Goodwill today and found this:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=38084&feat=38084-TNP
for $2.25. Ok, it's a dark teal color that doesn't exist, according to this website, but no one has ever accused me of being in fashion.

So, the real question is - do I forgive The Bad Cat for peeing on my backpack (which she did on purpose, cause she was mad that we went out of town for 3 days), or do I continue to remind her hourly how she peed on my backpack and I might never forgive her and she's better mend her ways? Click "Agree" if I should forgive her, and "huh?" if I should continue to mess with her head.... ;-))

Mama Fox
Now trying to decide which patch should go over the LLBean logo, cause I would DIE if anyone actually thought I bought this bag NEW!
Re: The Bad News and the Good News ;-))
Reply to: #257412 by The Little Foxes
Jul 25, 2008 2:10pm
Board
If you tease her too much who knows where she will pee next! ; )

Is it washable? I got a backpack on Ebay that smelled like smoke. I just tossed it in the washing machine and air dried it.
Jul 25, 2008 2:24pm
Board
What is the deal with cats and bags. We have one that will pee on any bag left on the floor. Her favorites are the plastic garbage bags. Other than bags she's pretty well behaved.
Jul 25, 2008 2:34pm
Board
If it's the 16 yr old cat he gets a free pass. If you reach 100 you get a free pass to pee wherever you want to.

If it's another cat, well... it's just a bad idea to start a war with a cat.
Reply to: #257440 by The Wolf Family
Jul 25, 2008 2:36pm
Board
Quote If it's the 16 yr old cat he gets a free pass. If you reach 100 you get a free pass to pee wherever you want to.

If it's another cat, well... it's just a bad idea to start a war with a cat.

LOL - no it wasn't the 16 year old cat - she's the Good Cat.

Good point about starting a war with a cat........ and I think I've lost before the war even started - lol!!

Mama Fox
Jul 25, 2008 3:05pm
Board
only one choice for which patch to put over the logo

LbNC

Reply to: #257432 by pugnasties
Jul 25, 2008 3:31pm
Board
What is the deal with cats and bags.

Our late great cat JC got angry when we brought this "crying thing" into his house (our 1st child).
He showed his displeasure by peeing in the diaper bag! He lived outside for 3 years until we moved. Then we had 3 kids and he was outnumbered. He was fine after that.

td
Jul 25, 2008 4:06pm
Board
Did you know that hairspray will (most of the time) take the smell of cat pee away. I'd try that if you really like your bag and want to use it for something else. I'd also spray the heck out of it and let it hang outside for like 2 days......

We did this once to a rug the cat had peed on... someone else told us about the hairspray.

Good Luck,
oceanwinds
Reply to: #257479 by oceanwinds
Jul 25, 2008 4:13pm
Board
Quote Did you know that hairspray will (most of the time) take the smell of cat pee away

I'll try it! It's not a bad bag - again, a refugee from Goodwill. But it was starting to get a hole in a place or two and I had mentally put "new backpack" on the Goodwill list a while back. The Bad Cat just forced the issue ;-))

Mama Fox
Reply to: #257444 by The Little Foxes
Jul 25, 2008 5:35pm
Board
My 1 1/2 yo male is pulling his "alpha" cat card on my new husband and pee's on our bed or couch wherever I sit. We are thinking about putting diapers on him.
Reply to: #257480 by The Little Foxes
Aug 7, 2008 10:59am
Board
It's not a bad bag - again, a refugee from Goodwill. But it was starting to get a hole in a place or two and I had mentally put "new backpack" on the Goodwill list a while back. The Bad Cat just forced the issue ;-))

Ah, so... you see? The cat knew you needed a new bag. Now, whenever you mention it, the cat will think you're thanking it for forcing the issue.

It's just how cats think.

*S