A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: SC I'm HOME !

Re: SC I'm HOME !
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #256450 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jul 23, 2008 5:19pm
Board
Ya know, I wish I had someone smart in my family that could do stuff with computers and such. But, noooo, I got Ma.

Today Ma brought over ice cream from the boys with chocolate slivers in it. She warned all of us not to put it in a cone since it might slice our tongues! Yes, she was serious.

My husband didn't believe me so I called her and asked, "Now Ma, are we supposed to put that ice cream in a bowl or a cone?"

She said, "Bowl!"

I said, "Too late, Papa Wolf cut his tongue."

"He didn't put it in a cone, did he? Well, that's his own fault!"

Then I put Papa Wolf on the phone and she said, "You're joking about the cut right?"

He said, "Yeah."

Then she said, "Oh good-- you didn't put it in a cone then!"

*sigh* I figured it wasn't worth trying to explain that chocolate slivers melt as soon as they touch the tongue.

I suppose if we showed her a webcam she would try and swot spiders off of it...
Reply to: #256455 by The Wolf Family
Jul 23, 2008 5:26pm
Board
Now that's funny!!
Jul 23, 2008 5:32pm
Board
Quote Today Ma brought over ice cream from the boys with chocolate slivers in it. She warned all of us not to put it in a cone since it might slice our tongues! Yes, she was serious.

Whaddya do with 'em?? My mom is seriously offended that my brother and his wife didn't get an economic stimulus check. As in she complains about it everyone......... We can't seem to convince her that they didn't get an stimulus check BECAUSE THEY MAKE SO MUCH #@)&%)(*^%@# MONEY!!!! She still feels like the gov't has ripped them off in some way........ And she can't figure out why I don't just "go out and BUY a new computer" (because she's inconvenienced because I have trouble with my webmail and miss messages from her). I can't seem to convince her that just because my brother makes so #)$&)@(# much money that doesn't mean I do - LOL!!!

Now if I could just convince her to convince my brother to go out and buy me a new computer..... ;-)) And maybe some ice cream with chocolate slivers in it too!!!

Mama Fox
Jul 23, 2008 5:35pm
Board
Today Ma brought over ice cream from the boys with chocolate slivers in it. She warned all of us not to put it in a cone since it might slice our tongues! Yes, she was serious.

:O)

Now you see the Troll and Calf would think this totally awesome because they don't really enjoy havin a geek around they would rather the ice cream !

I will fix ya right up there Mama Wolf ........

Holly
Reply to: #256460 by The Little Foxes
Jul 23, 2008 5:42pm
Board
Now if I could just convince her to convince my brother to go out and buy me a new computer..... ;-)) And maybe some ice cream with chocolate slivers in it too!!!

There ya go Mama ...... tell her that he needs to help his darling sister OUT !

Holly
Reply to: #256461 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jul 23, 2008 5:45pm
Board
Now you see the Troll and Calf would think this totally awesome because they don't really enjoy havin a geek around they would rather the ice cream !

Fantastic! I can trade you for Ma!!

I suppose I should also warn you that 2 weeks ago she was rambling on how she puts 2 buckets out in the rain-- one tall and one small and BOTH of them fill up at the same time!

Okay, I had to ask, "Err.. Ma, the rain generally falls down straight so why would one fill before the other?"

"Well, since I put this one under the downspout so it should pour off into that big bucket and then overflow into the little one."

I looked up at her trailer roof. No downspout. I didn't bother asking...
Jul 23, 2008 5:45pm
Board
Today Ma brought over ice cream from the boys with chocolate slivers in it. She warned all of us not to put it in a cone since it might slice our tongues! Yes, she was serious.</qutoe>

The more I think about this, the more I start having a flashback...

Did your mom warn you not to take apples at Halloween because of the razor blades that would be in them??

My mom sure did!!! In fact, she probably still would if we were around her on Halloween - even though we only go to the church's trunk or treat.... you never know what those church people are up to - lol!!
Reply to: #256471 by The Little Foxes
Jul 23, 2008 5:53pm
Board
Did your mom warn you not to take apples at Halloween because of the razor blades that would be in them??

She didn't trust anything. She personally inspected all pieces before we ate anything.

She also told me that I should never run away from home since I'd end of dead and raped. I asked if it would be in that order.

She doesn't believe in getting her any surprise presents either since what if she died before she got the present-- then she never would know what I got her.

I tell her that I don't think she'd care at that point.

says that she'd feel bad that I would feel bad about that.

Okay, there's just no explaining it to her. So now I get her a surprise for her birthday and tell her that it's okay since I got her something I like so if she kicks off I won't feel bad. *shrug*-- whatever works.
Reply to: #256470 by The Wolf Family
Jul 23, 2008 6:18pm
Board
I looked up at her trailer roof. No downspout. I didn't bother asking...

She will fit right in with the Sheriff ...... The Troll's Aunt that lives on the farm across the road from the In-Laws. We all call her the Sheriff ..... Sean says

"BETT is the Mayor of all this !" as he waves his arms around the valley !

She goes on patrol at least 20+ times a day ..... she rides up and down the road and makes sure all is well in the valley, ONE leaf out of place and we get a frantic phone call !

One day I will tell y'all about the bomb she found ! LOL

And y'all think I am totally off my rocker !

:O)

Holly
Reply to: #256497 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Jul 23, 2008 6:26pm
Board
Ok...so it's agreed...we all have them in our family. Maybe we should gather them up and trade them out to one another or rent them out for parties. Hey Clowns..any call for crazy gramma type ladies on the road??

Flip21
PS...these have me LMAO.....
Reply to: #256504 by Flip21
Jul 24, 2008 2:19am
Board
I would like to add mine to that...sub catagory....."I know it all, I know what is best ."
Aug 9, 2008 12:47pm
Board
Goodness, that's hysterical!