A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Planting on Castaway Cay??

Re: Planting on Castaway Cay??
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #210511 by Traveling Inky Pants
Apr 8, 2008 10:52am
Board
Stealth is the key word here. Lots of people.

Thanks! After I posted the original message, I wanted to add a question about the possibility of even finding a place to plant. I've got some pretty cool, little containers that I've used for microboxes, so I would probably do the same on the Cay.
Reply to: #210570 by Pasta Mom
Apr 8, 2008 12:19pm
Board
Has anyone concidered a box on Tom Sawyer Island?
That would be the ultimate treasure hunt for me!
Reply to: #210490 by Pasta Mom
Apr 8, 2008 1:28pm
Board
Go for it!!!!!! I've planted 2 in Nassau while on cruises but they both have disappeared after awhile!!! It's still fun planting them rather than sight-seeing all the time............
Reply to: #210647 by R gang
Apr 8, 2008 6:57pm
Board
I was all set to try to plant one on Royal Caribbean's Coco Cay, but then the weather turned icky, and the ship couldn't stop there.

DebBee
Reply to: #210511 by Traveling Inky Pants
Apr 8, 2008 7:20pm
Board
We loved our short time on Castaway Cay. Man, that whole Disney cruise was such a treat.......

But coming back to real life now, I think there might be some possibilities. The beaches are packed with people and staff, but there WAS a bike trail that we did not go on. There's also a realllllllly long road that used to be an airstrip, I think, where you might be able to find someplace. HOWEVER, I'm sure that every public place of a Disney locale is checked regularly for trash, so you'd need to find a really good hidey hole. But I bet it could be done.

It would have been fun to have a box to find on that island, if I hadn't felt like it would take the whole time we were there to find it. Had to get in some time on the adults-only beach, too!

-Mama Bear of 3Bears