About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: What's available?

What's available?
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Nov 21, 2007 8:33pm
Board
I have spent way too much time reading about all of the different LTCs that people have made and I have a question. From what I have read I understand that much of the time people make a given number of a specific card and once they run out, then that card is no longer available. Right?
So would it be possible for people to change the listing for that card so that it shows up as "retired" or "unavailable" when it is gone so that others know not to ask for it? Or am I missing some fundamental part of this?
Stacy
Re: What's available?
Reply to: #155898 by Nitrocat
Nov 21, 2007 9:13pm
Board
What is a LTC?
Re: What's available?
Reply to: #155898 by Nitrocat
Nov 22, 2007 5:23am
Board
Quote From what I have read I understand that much of the time people make a given number of a specific card and once they run out, then that card is no longer available. Right?

Personally, I haven't put that much thought into it.... ;-)) What I have done is "Series One" and "Series Two" with the same stamp - just made the card different. When I carve a specific stamp for a LTC, I hate to just use it 20 times, then "retire" it - I'm too much of a recycler!!!

Another time, I made a stamp that I was sending away to a gather, and I wasn't getting it back. So I made a bunch of ATC's with it - those are obviously limited as I won't be on the other side of the country to restamp that image anytime soon!

I haven't even listed most of my LTC's....... guess I'd better get on that....... ;-)) But the retired or unavailable listing is a good idea. I don't think us LTC artists are that organized yet!!

Mama Fox