A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Dee and Abby--THANK YOU!

Dee and Abby--THANK YOU!
Board: Region: Southeast
May 18, 2005 7:06pm
Board
Hi folks!

My children met Dee and Abby a few weeks ago at Lady Buzz's Preeclampsia Walk. They fell in love with Abby and thought Dee was quite funny also.

This afternoon I finally sprung it on them that our trip to Greenville this weekend wasn't only for the purpose of visiting Granny. They rolled their eyes when I told them about the gathering. Shooting T even declared that she wanted to be dropped off at Granny's house to hang out there while the rest of us attended the gathering.

So, I played my trump card. I said, "Sure, but you'll miss Dee and Abby." Wouldn't you know it, she turned on a dime and said she definitely wanted to join us so she could "hold her baby" (Abby). Hahahahahaha!

THANK YOU DEE!

Now, I just have to nurse Giraffe back to health or he may be the one being dropped off at Granny's beforehand!

Amyrica
Giraffe
Reply to: #4287 by Amyrica
May 18, 2005 9:57pm
Board
Hi Amyrica

I hope everything is going OK for your Giraffe
=0/

S~N~K
Re: Giraffe
Reply to: #4292 by Sits N Knits
May 19, 2005 6:11am
Board
Thanks for the good thoughts, SNK.

He'll be fine. It's a cold or something non-life-threatening. It's just that in HIS mind, it's the plague.....

Amyrica
Re: Dee and Abby--THANK YOU!
Reply to: #4287 by Amyrica
May 19, 2005 7:14am
Board
OH NO! Amyrica I can't bring Abby due to the hotel!!! I am very glad they are cvoming but I do not want to disappoint Shooting T!!

I don't know why but I JUST saw this post!!

I will see what I can do but Christopher and I are staying for a night and going to enjoy downtown Grewnville Sunday. We are worried we will not be able to go out to eat or do anything!

Dee
Re: Giraffe
Reply to: #4296 by Amyrica
May 19, 2005 7:19am
Board
He'll be fine. It's a cold or something non-life-threatening. It's just that in HIS mind, it's the plague.....

Amyrica - Does he possibly WANT to go to Granny's instead of the gathering????? Maybe that is why his head is telling him he's sick, LOL!!!

Tell Shooting T to come and see me anyway!!

Dee
Reply to: #4299 by Dee and Abby
May 19, 2005 4:05pm
Board
Amyrica I can't bring Abby due to the hotel!!!

Thanks for the heads' up! I totally understand. You'll have a nice time in downtown Greenville. It's a cute downtown area.

We'll be planting a box there after the gathering--sorry we couldn't get it there beforehand. Since you're sticking around, I'll call you on your cell phone after it's planted so you can go find it! :-)

Amyrica
Reply to: #4314 by Amyrica
May 19, 2005 5:09pm
Board
Quote Since you're sticking around, I'll call you on your cell phone after it's planted so you can go find it!

OOh me too, me too!

Weyrwoman
Reply to: #4319 by Weyrwoman
May 19, 2005 5:25pm
Board
Since you're sticking around, I'll call you on your cell phone after it's planted so you can go find it!

OOh me too, me too!

Sure, email me your cell phone number offline or give it to me Saturday and I'll give anyone a buzz that wants the clue that will be around later Saturday night/Sunday. I'm still not sure what time I'll be able to plant the box. My mother-in-law is in Greenville and I think we're going straight to her house from the gathering. Hopefully, we can pull her out and take her with us to the spot I intend to hide the box.

Amyrica
Reply to: #4299 by Dee and Abby
May 20, 2005 6:18am
Board
Quote I can't bring Abby due to the hotel!!!

Maybe someone at the campground can watch her Friday nite?
Reply to: #4337 by Red
May 20, 2005 6:29am
Board
Good idea Red! I actually thought about sending her to Amyrica's mom's (in-law?) if possible but it is just to much trouble. When we need to stop to eat Sunday, we would have to do fast food. Bluck!
So she is going to stay behind this time but she will be at Stone Mtn.
I hope shooting T comes anyway!
It's funny that EVERY child could care less about Christopher or myself but when it comes to that dog, she gets ALL the LOVE!!! LOL

Red - are you and Silly going???
Dee