About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: And yet, another rabbit

And yet, another rabbit
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Mar 26, 2020 10:37am
Board
It has been decided. My father must be haunting mom and I from the grave. He has sent yet another rabbit into my life. We caught this one and a few others on Saturday. A coworker of my mother's will take the other ones, but we kept one. I now have a third rabbit who, at first blush, looks twice as big as my 4-5 lb hotot mix and is three times the size of my blue eyed mutt bunny who's only 2 and change pounds. Vet said he was 6.5 lbs, but I think he's underweight, having been out in the wild with no food or fresh water for a bit. Big Bun is slowly learning that pellets are good, hay is good, and treatos are very good. He quickly figured out that bananas are very good.

His ears are big and look like a Flemish Giant's ears, but he's much too small to be a Flemish. He is a brown brindle, with a white belly, has the softest fur, and is the most gentle rabbit I've met. He is friendly and has already decided he can safely flop in his quarantine cage, as he recovers from being neutered (and what a big flop! the THUMP from his flop made us look up). It'll be about two months before I can introduce him to Alice and Mr. Bones, not sure if I'll have a bonded pair and an extra bunny or if I'll have a bonded trio.

But, where am I going to keep three rabbits? My pen for the other two is just about the minimum for two, and we can't do free roam, since the dog is already free roam, and we don't have any extra space. I once read that a tiny house is one under 900 sqft, and we're just over that. We'll make due, we always do.
Re: And yet, another rabbit
Reply to: #984896 by DM Scuba Brat
Mar 26, 2020 2:06pm
Board
R u in Michigan by chance?
Re: And yet, another rabbit
Reply to: #984907 by Cross Family
Mar 27, 2020 9:03am
Board
Nope. Florida.