About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: New Boxes Being Planted!

New Boxes Being Planted!
Board: State: Florida
Mar 25, 2020 11:17am
Board
OK everyone! I've been planting like a busy bee lately, and have four more to go out in the next week (all singletons). If able, go out and do your social distancing and go letterboxing!

BB
Re: New Boxes Being Planted!
Reply to: #984855 by Bungalow Boxer
Mar 25, 2020 5:35pm
Board
go out and do your social distancing and go letterboxing!

But check ahead of time to be sure the locations are open. The two series that you just planted are in parks that are closed currently.
Reply to: #984867 by Janila
Mar 25, 2020 5:56pm
Board
You could go and get the Tiki bar series. No gates!

And the Cars Land series only the Building is closed according to the website.

BB
Reply to: #984869 by Bungalow Boxer
Mar 25, 2020 6:24pm
Board
What I think is ridiculous is that they’re closing all of these parks that, when hiking in them, I will never see another soul, but I can still go get my haircut and pedicure at the local salon.

BB
Reply to: #984870 by Bungalow Boxer
Mar 26, 2020 12:19am
Board
What I think is ridiculous is that they’re closing all of these parks...

It is ridiculous. Going to a park for a picnic is exactly the kind of thing we should be encouraging. This is all because a few morons decided to throw a party on a beach somewhere, so the authorities decided the way to prevent that was to close down every public venue where that could possibly happen! What we sorely need are better leaders.

SWMBO and I went to Wally World Wednesday evening. We usually shop for a couple of things together, then I sit on a bench near the checkout while she shops some more. Tonight the bench was missing. Every bench in the place was gone. Someone has decided that benches are bad. Still trying to figure out what the thinking was there.
Reply to: #984874 by Kirbert
Mar 26, 2020 12:46am
Board
Still trying to figure out what the thinking was there

They probably had been watching old episodes of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In and saw Arte Johnson sitting on a bench harassing Ruth Bussi and decided to remove the bench.
Reply to: #984875 by shutterbug2012
Mar 26, 2020 8:14am
Board
If you are familiar with Laugh-in, your age is showing ;-) Although I suppose anything is available nowadays somewhere on the net - except common sense which seems to be in very short supply ;-D
Reply to: #984886 by lightbearer
Mar 26, 2020 8:40am
Board
Better my age then my _ _ _ _! We have a Decades channel that plays all the oldies that will give you some comic relief from the current bombardments.