About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: My Contacts

My Contacts
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Oct 23, 2019 8:32am
Board
I've created a short list of contacts (quite awhile ago) and I've noticed that I cannot access the links on those.

For example, I wanted to send a message to one of my contacts. I went to the page where they are listed, but when I click on the envelope icon, nothing happens. The same is true if I click on the profile icon. However, I can click on the "view logbook" and "notes" icons and those do work.

Clearly, I know that I can go to the People drop down menu and write an AQ message that way. This was just a shortcut I had set up which was working wonderfully well.

Thoughts?
Angel Wink
Re: My Contacts
Reply to: #980521 by Angel Winks
Oct 23, 2019 10:45am
Board
I'm not sure what to tell you. As far as I can tell, everything is working properly. I even logged into your account, went to the My Contacts page, and clicked the profile button for every one of your contacts, but all of them worked just fine.

Maybe it was just a fluke? What browser are you using? Not that I can imagine that would be a problem. The icons are just simple links. It really shouldn't matter what browser you're using--a link is the same across all browsers.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980524 by Green Tortuga
Oct 23, 2019 1:18pm
Board
Very odd. When I click on the icon, the "read mail" of the person below flickers like crazy.

I use Google Chrome.

Maybe I'll delete all my contacts and then reload them. Thanks for your input.

AW
Reply to: #980526 by Angel Winks
Oct 23, 2019 5:35pm
Board
I tried it in Chrome and saw the weird behavior you described. As far as I can tell, it's a browser bug. There's no reason I can find for the flicker and it appears limited to that browser. Seems like someone would have mentioned it sooner if it had been around since the very beginning.

Anyhow, I couldn't really find a way to make the flickering stop except by turning the "Read Mail" button into a link and it seems to work better on my system now. *shrug*

Very weird, though...

- Ryan
Reply to: #980528 by Green Tortuga
Oct 23, 2019 5:47pm
Board
You are amazing. All is well again.