A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Revealing finders of mystery boxes

Re: Revealing finders of mystery boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #980493 by PI Joe
Oct 20, 2019 9:46pm
Board
Also, the finders who are "undisclosed" may have private logbooks, and want to keep their finds to themselves.
Reply to: #980494 by Wise Wanderer
Oct 21, 2019 4:22am
Board
Also, the finders who are "undisclosed" may have private logbooks, and want to keep their finds to themselves.

That’s a different reason for a finder to appear as Undisclosed, and I’d never advocate for people who want to keep their logbooks private to be revealed. I was just suggesting it for when the system isn’t revealing finders’ identity, not for when the finders have that set as a preference.

PI Joe makes a good point, though, and I guess I don’t see a way around that one.
Reply to: #980490 by Dawnkey
Oct 22, 2019 6:05am
Board
This may be a local thing but when I find a mystery box, I talk with the planter afterwards, and they often mention other finders. If you really want to know, ask the box owner.
Reply to: #980508 by Summerfun
Oct 22, 2019 7:50am
Board
If you've found the box, check the logbook within it? :-) That's really the only way to know since many don't record finds.
Reply to: #980509 by MichKathy
Oct 22, 2019 8:06am
Board
If you've found the box, check the logbook within it?

Absolutely, when possible. But like I said in my original post, the original logbook was gone. The previous finders had kindly replaced it, I think because it was mush.