About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Funny, or obsession?

Funny, or obsession?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Oct 18, 2019 6:06am
Board
I have had to start a med size container/bucket because I can’t seem to keep up with my planting compared to my carving.

Obsessed? I don’t know, maybe? 😉

Has anyone else been in the same situation? I’m having way to much fun with letterboxing.
Re: Funny, or obsession?
Reply to: #980413 by Damselfly
Oct 18, 2019 6:10am
Board
Oct 18, 2019 7:05am
Board
I have had to start a med size container/bucket because I can’t seem to keep up with my planting compared to my carving.

I have been carving all summer but have only placed four boxes out in the wild due to the Texas summer heat. For those who haven't visited Texas yet it has about 100 degrees high temps for most of June, July, August, and September, or so it seems. I have about 30 stamps finished and several more started. Now that the weather is finally starting to cool down I hope to get out there and explore new (to me) wild areas and plant boxes for y'all to find.
Oct 18, 2019 7:07am
Board
My husband has started to side-eye my carving pile, and keeps asking when I'm going to find homes for all the ones I've started. When the toddler stops trying to run off when we take her for planting walks, dear. LOL
Oct 18, 2019 7:36am
Board
Do you do LTCs? That’s a good outlet for carving (and creating!). We are always looking for new victims participants.

But I hear your pain. We probably have a hundred stamps in boxes.

DZ
Reply to: #980424 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Oct 18, 2019 7:40am
Board
I have not yet started doing LTC, BUT I'm hoping to soon;)
Reply to: #980420 by PI Joe
Oct 18, 2019 9:14am
Board
I have been carving all summer but have only placed four boxes out in the wild due to the Texas summer heat. For those who haven't visited Texas yet it has about 100 degrees high temps for most of June, July, August, and September, or so it seems

Same here! Plus I'm picky about where I plant. I do have some from the spring that haven't been found yet that were planted for the power plant challenge.

I think I need a new challenge...
Oct 18, 2019 11:09am
Board
Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Last year, a group of enterprising North Carolinian boxers hosted the Power Plant Challenge to encourage more planting. I participated in it and planted around 130 boxes without ever carving a new stamp.

I have to edit to add that there was an enterprising Georgia boxer also!
Oct 18, 2019 2:45pm
Board
Love carving! I made lb friends and they help me plant - thinking places to put them, clues, etc, which helps! Also makes me accountable ;)
Reply to: #980421 by PSMH
Oct 18, 2019 2:45pm
Board
That's what those little backpacks with leashes are for! 🤣
Oct 24, 2019 8:29am
Board
I carve way, way, way more than I plant. Because people like my carves, what I do is I go to Susquehanna Sojourn every year, which is a festival relatively near me and I post on the bulletin board there that I have free series for people to take. Last year I gave away over a hundred stamps. As long as I don't care about the stamps once they go out into the world then this works really well for me as a way to let people enjoy the stamps, but I don't have to plant them or pay for the boxes for planting.