Aug 20, 2019 9:09am
Board
Clue 3 = Jackson Five hit from 1970
Re: Mystery Postal #420 is now open
Board: Postals
Reply to: #978473 by IrishRef
Aug 21, 2019 12:16pm
Board
Love the guesses so far. I can only marvel how two people got this correct with the FIRST CLUE!!!

Clue 4 = Fe
Aug 22, 2019 9:05am
Board
Clue 5 = Anaheim
Aug 23, 2019 10:29am
Board
We are still looking for two more brave souls. Be sure to use all the clues and look at them inside and out. I still find it incredible that two people got this right with one clue. I start carving tonight. Hopefully I can send it onward Monday.

Clue 6 = Subsidiary
Re: Mystery Postal #420 is now closed
Aug 23, 2019 7:13pm
Board
We now have the ten correct solvers of the most recent mystery. Watch for the solution and explanation of clues soon.
Re: Mystery Postal #420 solution and explanation
Reply to: #978728 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 3:14pm
Board
Thanks for all that attempted guesses. Hopefully seeing these explanation will help for future attempts.

The solution is Walt Disney Company

Clues:
1 ESPN = Disney owns ESPN This also set the tone of sports related theme.
2. 4 = Disney was ranked 4th by Fortune list of world's most admired companies. Also 4th on Forbes list of world's best employer. This also continues a sports theme. Expected NCAAF championship of NCAAM final four.
3. Jackson Five Song = ABC which is another company owned by Disney
4. Fe = Felt answers were getting too obvious so had to be a little devious. This clue was to get you to Marvel which is owned by Disney. Fe is for Ironman. If you look back at the post it includes a few sentences. Included in there was the word marvel. This also led to several going for the Iron Bowl continuing the football theme.
5. Anaheim - Reference to the location of Disneyland. Was hoping the sports theme would continue with someone looking for #4 on the Angels or Ducks roster. Oh yeah the Mighty Ducks also were previously associated with Disney. Was also considering Orlando for this clue.
6. Subsidiary - This clue got you thinking about companies. Also the sentences on the post included several Pixar films. Pixar you guessed it owned by Disney.

I often comment that Amazon and Disney are taking over the world.
Reply to: #978748 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 4:20pm
Board
Excellent, I.R!
I was dancing all around it, but just could not grab it. Hoping for next time. 8~)
Reply to: #978748 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 7:56pm
Board
Oh, I was thinking "4" was for the four original "lands" at Disneyland:
Tomorrow Land
Adventureland
Frontierland
Fantasyland

:)