A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: printing maps

Re: printing maps
Board: OpenStreetMap
Reply to: #978374 by MissMoon
Aug 15, 2019 10:48pm
Board
Had a long day of running around with life today... but found a bit of time to try that tutorial again... and yes I found a small trap... but this time I was a bit more awake than this morning and was successful at creating a long list...

The bit I missed was what he was copying and pasting into the notepad...
You have to copy the URL in the top line... connection or whatever... the one that shows where you are or want to go... where you can type the URL...
first the original map URL and then the second Map URL... to allow for errors, I made a third Map... URL... and did the cut and splicing into that one (only so I could back up and not have to start over...) You only need the string of place names... leaving out the one that is a duplicate... then clean up the line by fixing anything else duplicated or omitted... like slash marks between...
Then you copy the URL (all of map three) and paste it into Gmaps in that line and there is your extended route... actually simple but was confusing since I was just copying the names in the lists... and spicing that... no good... small goof.

I did about eighteen names... will play some more but read this and watch the video again and it will make sense... it's all stored in the line... not the list.
Re: printing maps
Board: OpenStreetMap
Reply to: #978389 by 7rxc
Aug 17, 2019 8:04am
Board
Had a long day of running around with life today... but found a bit of time to try that tutorial again... and yes I found a small trap... but this time I was a bit more awake than this morning and was successful at creating a long list...

Thanks! Glad you were able to make it work. I'll have to give it another try next time I go cemetery boxing. That's usually when I want to do that, jumping from one cemetery to the next.