A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Where to leave a hitchhiker

Re: Where to leave a hitchhiker
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #977920 by measiwitch
Aug 2, 2019 10:56am
Board
I have a HH Hostel with an traditional stamp inside. Our HH Hostel has been very active for several years. We always have it available at our Homerdoodle Events and we take it to some away events as well. This allows people to put one, two, or three HHs into the hostel and take different ones away. For some people, they do drop off HHs that they have not placed. This allows the HHs to remain active and not become dormant.

Homer Lake HH Hostel AQ #247350

It has been a fun venture to see so many HHs and to see where the HHs have traveled. Feel free to contact me if you wish more information.

TeachJR
Reply to: #977953 by TeachJR
Aug 15, 2019 1:24pm
Board
I love this idea. I thought about making a HH Hostel and asking our local coffee shop or another local library if we could place it there. I wanted to do a box stamp with it and love the idea of calling it an innkeeper, Great word!
Reply to: #978383 by The Mischievous Four
Aug 15, 2019 5:39pm
Board
Bama Beach Bum and I made our 1st HH hostel & stocked it with a traditional stamp & a few starter HHs. After only being out 6 months & in a good park location, in the woods bordering the river, low & behold the park people decide to do a MAJOR park redo. They brought in a Bobcat & cleaned all the underbrush about 150 foot in the woods.
Yep, you guessed it. Our 1st hostel was a casualty of park expansion. Sadly, no idea which HHs were in it.
But, we persevere & plan another hostel. Maybe it will fair better.