A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Bar Harbor visit

Re: Bar Harbor visit
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #977263 by Robins Nest
Jul 14, 2019 8:42am
Board
Thanks Robins Nest, that’s very helpful and I appreciate it. Not going on to Portland. I will have a box to plant in Bar Harbor. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there but hopefully I can find a long lasting spot.
Happy Trails
Reply to: #977225 by BinoBoxer
Jul 14, 2019 12:07pm
Board
And about that lobster roll ... Been awhile since we have been up there but you should be able to find one pretty easy. They are all good just perhaps some better than others! Enjoy !!
Jul 15, 2019 5:46am
Board
Bar Harbor Lobster Company has a great lobster roll, among other lobster choices. Crafty Lobster lives just down the road and works just across the street at the hospital.

Jiffy
Reply to: #977263 by Robins Nest
Jul 25, 2019 6:42pm
Board
With all the increased cruise business in Bar Harbor someone should put a box within easy walking distance. I think I'll take a look nearby the Portland cruise ship terminal. I know there were some boxes there but need to check and see if they are still there. The lovely late Sewsewbusy did plant a few when she was here on a cruise years back.
Reply to: #977724 by Seagull
Jul 26, 2019 3:13am
Board
With all the increased cruise business in Bar Harbor someone should put a box within easy walking distance.

Hi Seagull,
I plan to do that very thing if I can find an appropriate placement.
Aug 13, 2019 9:48pm
Board
I recommend either Bar Harbor Lobster Company, or Peekytoe Provisions for a lobster roll. Both can be reached on foot - take the Shore Path for nice views. Stewman’s Lobster Pound is also popular if you want somewhere right close to the cruise ship.

There are a few boxes right in the downtown area that you can walk to. 😊
Aug 14, 2019 4:07am
Board
Nature girl is there right now.... and you already know her!