Search Edit

Read Thread: Atlasquest and Lbna

Atlasquest and Lbna
Board: Suggestion Box
Jul 8, 2019 3:26am
Board
Some listings on Atlasquest
have clues that automatically
Switch over to Lbna. Some have been archived on Lbna.
Some boxes I have found on Atlasquest but don’t show updated info for same box on Lbna.
Re: Atlasquest and Lbna
Reply to: #977057 by buttercup60
Jul 8, 2019 4:49am
Board
Those are true statements. What is your suggestion? The two sites are independent. It is the responsibility of the planter to maintain their clues, not the site managers
Jul 8, 2019 5:24am
Board
As was posted, these actions are totally up to planters and finders.

Some boxes I have found on Atlasquest but don’t show updated info for same box on Lbna.

Lots of people may log a find on AQ and not think about doing it on LBNA or may not even be aware that the box is listed on LBNA. Many of the LBNA boxes are not links from AQ.

Are you asking a question?
Jul 8, 2019 9:18am
Board
Some listings on Atlasquest have clues that automatically Switch over to Lbna.

I wouldn't say it's automatic.... People who listed a box on LbNA then relist it on AQ have to deliberately link their AQ listing to the LbNA listing. It's not at all automatic!

I'd agree with the rest of your statements, but as others have already asked, what's your suggestion? If your suggestion is that the two sites should show the same data... unfortunately, that won't happen.

These are two completely independently run websites. I can't update information on LbNA and LbNA can't update information on Atlas Quest.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #977084 by Green Tortuga
Jul 8, 2019 11:32am
Board
Thank you. Guess I chose the wrong option to post a comment. Still new to where and how to post. I don’t have any suggestions but your answer covered everything.
buttercup60