A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Oregon Trail Event

Re: Oregon Trail Event
Board: State: Oregon
Reply to: #976843 by Teacup
Jul 1, 2019 8:17am
Board
Oh dear, didn't mean to make you worry. The rattle snake was part of a box along the Oregon Trail. It looked real enough to give one pause, but it was not (thank heavens). The box was in the snake's coils. I'm sure they chortled with malevolent glee when they planted it beneath the sage brush. Sorry you got lyme disease!
Reply to: #976858 by Evermore
Jul 1, 2019 8:27am
Board
oh whew! That is some twisted humor you folks have out there. lol
Reply to: #976859 by Teacup
Jul 1, 2019 8:30am
Board
Oh, they set it up well, too. Telling us before we headed out that we were in rattlesnake country and to use our walking sticks to poke in holes! It was probably true, but the snakes would not have been where all those pesky people were tramping about. They would have left for quieter quarters. Lol!
Reply to: #976843 by Teacup
Jul 1, 2019 8:55am
Board
We pull up to the area with the box to find one of the other teams throwing rocks at it, then they volunteered me to go grab it!
Reply to: #976862 by Dawgdok
Jul 1, 2019 12:04pm
Board
throwing rocks?? I would have been back in the car so fast it would have made your head swim!
Reply to: #976862 by Dawgdok
Jul 1, 2019 5:32pm
Board
Dawgdok to the rescue! Good thing we sent you to get it. We had no idea that the finder would need a first aid kit. Sorry man. It was worth it though!
Reply to: #976899 by Kizmet
Jul 1, 2019 7:33pm
Board
You guys had too much fun!!

Yosemite MJD
(Had to work) 🙁
Reply to: #976831 by Evermore
Jul 5, 2019 5:28pm
Board
Just got home from an amazing road trip, adding thanks to the awesome wagon masters! All of your hard work and creativity is greatly appreciated! I'm going to take a nap for about a week now ;)
Reply to: #976990 by kudichan
Jul 5, 2019 5:57pm
Board
I too have finally gotten home from our trip to Oregon for the event and a visit to Astoria. The wagon masters went above and beyond for such a fun trip through some of the best views along the river. Our thanks to all for such a perilous trip with trailbreaking pioneers.