A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Do you remember when...?

Re: Do you remember when...?
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #976722 by RDHG
Jul 12, 2019 5:23am
Board
I check on AQ to see if I have any AQ mail or new boxes or events happening. I try to do this at least once a week. But I rarely box anymore. But I do like all of the AQ friends I've made from letterboxing or LTC's. I'm rarely on Facebook anymore either. I'm true to what y'all NC boxers say about me. "She ain't no boxer" lol all said in love of course.
Reply to: #977184 by oceanwinds
Jul 13, 2019 4:19am
Board
I rarely box anymore.

I agree with you oceanwinds. Since getting that Lyme scare two years ago I've pretty much decided to give up on hitting the trails. Every once in awhile I'll nab a drive by but that's it. I spend my letterboxing time donating stamps or attending events especially those that have old friends attending.

I am on AQ daily and, yes, I still stalk this board. I remember once when the NC board was the place to go to have a blast. Sadly, things change. I am still on Facebook but limit my visibility to that site to one day a week.
Reply to: #977212 by BBStacker
Jul 13, 2019 7:49am
Board
I also donate stamps and yes old friends are the best. New friends that become old friends are also a plus of attending events.
Jul 13, 2019 7:43pm
Board
Hmm are you signed up for any events in September ... like the Wild one???
Certain goofy person might be making a trip out to this event.... *hint* *hint*
Reply to: #977253 by Goofy girl
Jul 14, 2019 4:05am
Board
Hey GG, would love to see you in person finally. Not yet signed up for anything in September but looking at the Battleship event in St. Louis. I have a reason I'd really like to go to that event if I can swing the cost.
Reply to: #977260 by BBStacker
Jul 14, 2019 10:37am
Board
I can kinda figure out why you want to go to the st Louis event.
Even if you dont come to wild maybe there could be a meet up somewhere with some people.
Jul 14, 2019 5:49pm
Board
I remember those days too. We had lots of fun, didn't we? :) But things do change and that is okay. Sometimes it is fun to hear what people moved on to. I joined a local Makerspace and have learned laser cutting ,3D printing, wood working. And I interact with the community there and we share skills. All of those things I learned from other members and just today I was there "giving back" by helping someone else on the printers. At some point, if someone wants to learn stamp carving there, I will have that skill to share as well. One thing about life is that nothing stays the same, but hopefully, we keep finding things we enjoy along the way.

And from time to time, I get reports on finds and I remember....
Reply to: #977288 by The Wolf Family
Jul 14, 2019 8:11pm
Board
Good to hear you are out and about teaching others creative artistic skills, Mama Wolf!

Sending hugs...oh wait, you dislike those...sending hellos 😀

FORAYCH Family
Reply to: #977295 by FORAYCH
Jul 14, 2019 8:14pm
Board
Sending hugs...oh wait, you dislike those

Glad you remember! ;)
Jul 14, 2019 9:23pm
Board
Absolutely wonderful to see Your Wolfiness popping up on the boards again!
Jul 15, 2019 6:06am
Board
if someone wants to learn stamp carving there, I will have that skill to share as well.

Think you can you teach anyone to carve?

;)
Reply to: #977301 by dingus dufus
Jul 15, 2019 6:11am
Board
Rut roh... I don't know that anyone with the name Dingus Dufus should be allowed anything sharper than a spoon or a very brittle dull spork.

*pushes puzzles over to Dingus to distract him*