Read Thread: new personal stamps

Re: new personal stamps
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #976405 by Dawnkey
Jun 16, 2019 4:42pm
Board
“Boxing emergencies”

I love that.

My husband sort of rolls his eyes at that, along with "birding emergencies," but hey, we all know that it's a thing, don't we??
Reply to: #976408 by Rocklun
Jun 16, 2019 5:06pm
Board
Wait, are you a birder? My husband is a birder. But I’ve never heard him talk about birding emergencies.
Reply to: #976409 by Dawnkey
Jun 16, 2019 5:10pm
Board
Wait, are you a birder? My husband is a birder. But I’ve never heard him talk about birding emergencies.

Yep, I'm a birder! And so is BinoBoxer! But how can your hubby be a birder if he doesn't have birding emergencies??!!

I define a "birding emergency" as a situation where a birder friend texts you to say that Bird X is being seen near you, and you have to rush out right away to see it! This happens to me at least half a dozen times a year!!
Reply to: #976410 by Rocklun
Jun 16, 2019 5:14pm
Board
It is not uncommon for my husband to find a simple note on the counter saying “bird emergency” because there isn’t enough time to explain. He doesn’t know if I’ll be gone 2 hours or three days. I keep a bag packed, truly.
Reply to: #976410 by Rocklun
Jun 16, 2019 6:15pm
Board
But how can your hubby be a birder if he doesn't have birding emergencies??!!

Well, maybe he does, but he doesn't call them that. Of course he keeps a spare pair of binos in his car, and he's very attuned to eBird. It's more like "I'm headed out to Clark Lake because a juvenile ruby-sided, yellow-rump, chestnut-throated two-toed vireo was just sighted, and the typical northern extent of their range is central Georgia. Bye."
Reply to: #976414 by Dawnkey
Jun 17, 2019 2:21am
Board
Well, maybe he does, but he doesn't call them that.

TomAYtoes, tomAHtoes. 🙂
Reply to: #976377 by coldsnap
Jun 17, 2019 12:58pm
Board
I have changed mine, but I do have a suggestion...

The signature stamp for my old trail name was too large for some logbooks, so I carved a mini stamp to use. You could carve a new stamp to use and keep that one for the small logbooks you come across.