A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: BTOTP!!!

Re: BTOTP!!!
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #976372 by Public Hand
Jun 15, 2019 2:56pm
Board
YES! This event was amazing! Everything was perfectly matched to the theme right down to some of the foods and those in costume.
The hospitality was incredible as well. A great group of ladies did an extraordinary job. Hats off to you!!!
Jun 15, 2019 5:04pm
Board
So well said. Thanks to not only our fabulous hosts, GypsyLadybug and Cookie Cutter, but also all the extra hands involved. I thank you, and my grandchildren thank you for all the clowny fun we are going to have together!
Jun 15, 2019 5:39pm
Board
Thank you for a wonderful weekend of your creativity in a beautiful park!

TeachJR
Reply to: #976388 by TeachJR
Jun 15, 2019 6:57pm
Board
Thank you all for the kind words! We had a blast planning this event. For those who asked: TGS is The Greatest Showman. That set references songs from the movie. MGS is Merry -Go-Steampunk; the mechanical merry go round animals set that matches the trading cards in the welcome packet.
Jun 16, 2019 10:10am
Board
Well-said! I agree & wanted to add my own personal thank-you to the hosts, staff, and facilities for hosting this incredible event! It really was the Greatest(letterboxing) Show on Earth! I also really valued being able to see & spend time with all of my long-time letterboxing friends that I have been missing so much since my move...it was awesome to see all of you again-I miss you guys! Tina & Mitzi....I hate to say it, but, it's gonna be tough to top this one! Thanks so much for the great party!!πŸ’•
Jun 16, 2019 10:39am
Board
I could not agree more, word-for-word on everything that has already been said! Stunning carvings, insane theme from beginning to end where you just can't believe how everything fit together including containers, costumes, food and decorations. Then the photo op boards were icing on the cake?! Tina, grats on your Pres of Commissioners role!! Tina and Mitzi, you two should be beyond proud of a top shelf event and ALL you have done to support this preserve!!! Huge hugs and equally big thanks for out doing yourselves! Still blinking in utter amazement!! ❀❀
Reply to: #976391 by CookieCutter
Jun 16, 2019 10:41am
Board
Thank you for the bonus LTCs?!?!!!
Reply to: #976391 by CookieCutter
Jun 16, 2019 5:45pm
Board
You two would be national treasures if we in the Midwest were willing to share ... you are so loved.
Jun 16, 2019 7:20pm
Board
THANK YOU for attending. Without all of you - there would be no event.

We are very blessed to have an amazing Park District with a very passionate team of individuals and volunteers. They made sure both venues and the parks were ready for our arrival. We are also grateful for friends and family willing to assist us with a venture like this. And could not do it without all the amazing talent of the carvers that donated stamps.

Denise and Stacey take care of our food and the kitchen. Our friend Dara and her daughter Sarah also helped during the busy lunch hour. Denise recruited her husband Herb to grill our delicious hot dogs.
Friends and devoted park volunteers - Barbie and Carolyn made the popcorn and snow cones. Their outfits were quite the surprise and so perfect!!
Denise's daughter and granddaughter were the adorable monkeys to the fabulous Organ Grinder - her son in law played the entertaining music as they roamed the park.
Our nephew and niece were the entertaining Lion Tamer and Ringmaster.
Naturalist Mandy was of great assistance all day! And park volunteer Jerry brought Pip, the Eastern Screech Owl around for a visit.

So - thank you!!!

We had such a blast. We had hoped our fifth prairie event would be a little bigger and better than the previous 4. This theme was such fun and so easily blossomed into a full blown circus. We have been steadily working on ideas and projects for almost a year now. We had such fun sharing it all with you. I have lots of photos to share. I will be posting them on Facebook.

We did have two stamps come up missing. Ring Two, Box 11 - 2 Faced. The pouch was found but not the stamp. It is a larger stamp of a woman with two heads. It was hidden on the boardwalk near the Sugar Shack. If anyone comes across it please let us know. We will continue to check the trail for it as well.

Today we retrieved the rest of the stamps. Fortunately the weather cooperated with us Saturday for the trails to be clear and passable. Last night however - it rained and rained and rained. We expected muddy trails and possible big puddles. But did NOT expect to find the way back trail (near the little bridge over the cute mossy pond) fully flooded. Twelve of our plants were under water or floating at their location. Fortunately the stamps had been put back where they were planted. So, as the water gradually rose, the bark/log and the pouch floated - but stayed at it's location. Crazy how that worked! We were able to find 11 of the 12 that were in water. Ring One, Box 28 - we could not find. The entire long log was floating at the trails edge with lots of debris and a piece of bark - but not the pouch or stamp. We are hoping when the water recedes we will be able to locate it. Not too bad though for 118 stamps out.

Thank you all again for making our event a fabulous success!! We look forward to seeing you all along the trails somewhere soon.
Reply to: #976417 by GypsyLadybug
Jun 17, 2019 1:14am
Board
I uploaded my shot of Pip the owl. I can't believe those pictures of you and Cookie Cutter saving the event stamps....you guys are awesome!!
Reply to: #976417 by GypsyLadybug
Jun 17, 2019 5:28am
Board
Thanks again to everybody involved. You guys are superb and created an exceptional event that others would easily be envious of.

We stayed in Dayton Saturday night and although it rained it was nothing like you experienced in Greenville. Crazy weather.
Jun 17, 2019 5:59pm
Board
Ladies, you have topped even yourselves and set the bar for event organizers to follow. You inspire us all to keep letterboxing fun for all ages, family-oriented, welcoming to all aspects of the hobby and especially, welcoming to anyone who is new to the circus of letterboxing! Thank you for all you do!
Reply to: #976413 by Team Awesome Pants
Jun 18, 2019 6:49am
Board
I was going to say they should be inducted into the Letterboxing Event Hall of Fame, but National Treasure sounds better πŸ˜‰

Thank you for all of the love, fun, creativity and community you all bring together with your outstanding events, Tina and Mitzi! You truly keep Letterboxing alive and well for so many through your annual events. Thank you for your passion and dedication to it. You’ve greatly influenced me and I’m just one person. I can’t imagine how many others you’ve inspired and thrilled and continue to inspire and thrill throughout the years. Thank you for all you are, and all you do. And thank you to all of the amazing team of people that make the magic at your events 🎩πŸŽͺ

Bravo Bravo πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ‘πŸ» Standing O!

β™₯️β™₯️β™₯οΈπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ€©πŸ˜πŸ€©πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Žβ™₯️β™₯️β™₯️
Jun 18, 2019 1:38pm
Board
This was our first trip to Greenville, OH to a Prairie Event and we had such an amazing time. Thank you so much for all your hard work. We so lucked out with the weather from the sounds of it! A couple of days of lovely weather tucked between a whole lot of wet.

Someone even told us about a stamp on a wall of gum at the Maid Rite. What??? Crazy fun!

Saturday after dinner we headed to the Greenville Union Cemetery and found a few boxes before some terrifying clouds came rolling in and the water fell in buckets! Hokey pete. That was an experience. The last box we found was "Your Mom is All Wet." Perfection.

Bowl of Cherries and Hike-a-Lot
Reply to: #976444 by Chill E
Jun 18, 2019 2:35pm
Board
And thank you for all your fabulous stamps that added to our fun. To every stamp I pulled out of a pouch I said 'wow'. They were all spectacular.

I loved the photo ops and the game on the picnic table--can't remember the name. So original.
Reply to: #976444 by Chill E
Jun 21, 2019 5:15am
Board
Thank you for all of the love, fun, creativity and community you all bring together with your outstanding events, Tina and Mitzi! You truly keep Letterboxing alive and well for so many through your annual events. Thank you for your passion and dedication to it. You’ve greatly influenced me and I’m just one person. I can’t imagine how many others you’ve inspired and thrilled and continue to inspire and thrill throughout the years.

I couldn't agree with you more! We are so very thankful to have been adopted into such a wonderful community of people. The friendships we have gained and continually sustained because of your events are priceless! You both are most certainly "goals" on how to plan and execute an event. Basically, I want to be like you when I grow up ;)
Thank you for everything that you do!

- Celtic Cutie, In Cahoots Gang, Finn the Human, Kian & Jeff