A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Sleeping Giant State Park

Re: Sleeping Giant State Park
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #976314 by Kit Kat 61
Jun 13, 2019 12:58pm
Board
but if you could possibly check on my Sky 2015: Little Green Sprout, I’d be much obliged

Will do! I did notice that box is listed as 'retired' rather than 'unavailable'. When I see 'retired' I think it's done forever and probably missing and wouldn't think to check it after the storm. I switched all my Giant boxes back to 'active' with a note at the top of the clues saying I don't know if the boxes are accessible after the big storm.
Reply to: #976319 by Trailhead Tessie
Jun 13, 2019 2:50pm
Board
Oh bother—I thought I had marked it unavailable. Hopefully I can change it now! Thanks!
Reply to: #976324 by Kit Kat 61
Jun 13, 2019 2:56pm
Board
You know I thought that mine were unknown too, but all of mine in The Giant were Retired also.
Reply to: #976326 by cooledcoyote
Jun 13, 2019 4:49pm
Board
Unavailable boxes are automatically retired after a year. Were your boxes unavailable for more than a year?
Reply to: #976329 by ArnoldZiffel
Jun 13, 2019 4:58pm
Board
13 months the Park was closed so, yeah.
Reply to: #976300 by Hurcher
Jun 14, 2019 3:45am
Board
Good luck today!! Looking forward to some posting a report of the boxes checked on and their status.
Reply to: #976329 by ArnoldZiffel
Jun 14, 2019 5:33am
Board
Unavailable boxes are automatically retired after a year. Were your boxes unavailable for more than a year?

Ahhh, that makes sense. I had edited my clues a couple months ago, so that must have prevented them from getting auto-retired.
Jun 14, 2019 5:37am
Board
We are still in school and then have a flag day ceremony to be ready for. We will be out and about Monday though!!
Reply to: #976313 by Trailhead Tessie
Jun 15, 2019 1:11pm
Board
I just did the Moana series on the orange trail. I couldn’t find #4. I think I was at the right tree but it was uprooted. I looked all around it but never found a box. The others are in good shape!
Jun 22, 2019 6:40pm
Board
I wish I could help you guys check on the boxes. Living in a letterbox wasteland is no fun! No one even comes for the BOTM here.

BB