Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Do you find HH's are pretty much ignored?

by 7rxcProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
I found one last month that I knew of the box it was in, but managed to keep driving by without remembering to stop... this time I was in a boxing mood and remembered... so I logged the box and found the HH which I left behind simply because I was on m...
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Years ago when I realized that they very often stay in people's backpacks or cars or drawers at home I lost interest in them. I planted two when I first started boxing and never did another one. One of those sat in someone's house for 3 months. I lea...
by Cross FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
Haha...the Cross Family has mixed Emotions!... James Really likes them and will go out of his way to do all he can( We purchased a Special Stamp just the right size ( usually), just for H,/h s...lisa does not mind H/H. ...as fir Cooties @ Events,We tho...
by WanderingMisfitProfileContactLogbookNote
I've found a few and it is always really exciting when I do but when it comes down to logging them I always find that they haven't traveled far or they aren't logged for months at a time or longer. It's hard to replant them because I never know if they...
by SagacornProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a love /hate relationship w. HHs. I enjoy finding and moving along. What bothers me is finding one and it has not been logged into the host box log. I do the right thing and log so others can see where it has been. What is the use of just mo...
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
i (we, you know I'm talking about you) have found HHs as large as 4"x6", left attached or on or under the letterbox. No, I don't take those. I've only taken one that was 4x6 because it was in a red metal box and stuck out like a sore thumb. Anothe...
by Juanita RojasProfileContactLogbookNote
I've only found two, and I remember one started out in Connecticut and in several jumps made its way to Illinois, where I found it. I took it to Wisconsin and sent it on its way from a box there. I'd never ignore one, it's fun to see how far they can...
by detectiveProfileContactLogbookNote
I love finding HHs! I try to replant them as soon as possible and I always log them...[wait, did I log that one from June 1?? Better check...] My niece and I launched one of my earliest (slightly too big I now realize) on a family trip in FL with a me...
by MamaZukeProfileContactLogbookNote
I tended to use carved stamps that I thought were too small for a regular box. Instead of not using them, I turned them into HH's. I think I have 5 of them out. It's just sad to me that no one takes the time to log these. I know that at least 2 of them...
by christmas6ProfileContactLogbookNote
I love HH's. I love making and finding them and hearing where mine are. I like to make them to match the theme of a box and use it as a First Finder prize. I usually don't hear from them. I used to think HHH's were a good thing. But the last few e...
by MamaZukeProfileContactLogbookNote
It's very sad
by A OkayProfileContactLogbookNote
I LOVE HH! I am still pretty new at letterboxing, so I have no problem finding boxes to move them along to. I have a few cooties out and about, and get a kick out of seeing them logged in, so I always pass along the courtesy of logging in a find of any...
by YumgirlProfileContactLogbookNote
I love HHs! I have many out in the wild and get reports occasionally. It doesn’t really matter. It doesn’t matter to me if they sit in a box or a backpack for a while either. As far as I’m concerned, they are a bit like a box. Some don’t see a lot...
by Guinea PigsProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm another one who tends to hunt for boxes long left lonely. I have nearly as many attempts as I do finds because I keep looking for boxes that haven't been found in 7-10 years. The first hitchhiker I found, I only realized a week later that the "extr...
by LadyRisaProfileContactLogbookNote
I almost never find a box within a few months of the last finder. Same here. I think HH should just be moved along. There’s no guarantees when a box will be visited next.
by crosscresentProfileContactLogbookNote
I think I get quite a few hitchhiker logs. I get more hitchhiker logs than box logs. But I actually ask nicely to please log my HH so I can see the travels. 🤗 🤗 That may or may not make a difference. People don't have to log anything. But as an artist...