Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Plant Date for Reserved Boxes

Re: Plant Date for Reserved Boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #975308 by cooledcoyote
May 19, 2019 1:15pm
Board
So not done. Ok

The plant date isn't the same as the "creation date." The plant date is set to whatever date you activate a reserved box and can be edited and changed by the owner. The creation date doesn't change. Ever.

So yes done. *nodding*

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975314 by Green Tortuga
May 19, 2019 9:20pm
Board
Any "creation date" (I know what you are referring to, just sounds like a newish term) that falls outside the PAL "window" precludes a box from PAL consideration? I'm not a PAL fan, just would like a clarification since I'm not seeing an issue reserving an idea to work on over a period of time in hopes of creating a quality product and then executing the actual box during the PAL parameters. I can't imagine the conception to fruition for a legitimate PAL box has to be within that short time frame.

-confused in Chelmsford

PS How about a PyFB (plant you finest box) day once a year.

PPS If this line of questioning is silly, please refer to our trail name.
Reply to: #975323 by dingus dufus
May 19, 2019 10:26pm
Board
Any "creation date" that falls outside the PAL "window" precludes a box from PAL consideration?

Yes.

I'm not seeing an issue reserving an idea to work on over a period of time in hopes of creating a quality product and then executing the actual box during the PAL parameters.

I don't see an issue with that either--but it won't count as a PAL Day box because there were issues in the past with people who planted several dozen boxes over a period of months then activated all the boxes at once on PAL Day... which kind of defeats the whole purpose of PAL Day. So I stopped counting those, and the easiest way for me to identify boxes that were really planted long before PAL Day was the creation date.

If it knocks a few of the legitimate plants out from being counted.... Well, I made the rules clear. And if it's just a "placeholder" with a name, it's not hard for someone to delete the reserved listing and just create a fresh one.

But basically, it's a legacy from people abusing the system in years past. In fact, several of the rules were created due to past abuses.

-- Ryan