Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing

Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing
Board: Walking4Fun
May 17, 2019 6:01am
Board
I'm sort of frustrated that my steps from Fitbit are no longer syncing to W4F. The last time they synced was on May 10th.

I've tried forcing it using "fb" in the steps field. And I've tried to again start from scratch by going to settings and beginning the Fitbit process all over. Nothing seems to be working.

I'm wondering if I need to delete programs and reopen them or if there is something else I can do to get my steps recorded on W4F other than manually recording them (which I can easily do but I did get spoiled).
Re: Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing
Reply to: #975280 by BBStacker
May 17, 2019 7:14am
Board
I'm sort of frustrated that my steps from Fitbit are no longer syncing to W4F.

Everything looks fine on W4F. Best I can figure.... you haven't actually synced your Fitbit for the past week. If Fitbit (the company, not the device) doesn't know about your steps, it can't tell W4F about them.

You can log into your Fitbit account and double-check that, but I'll bet that's the problem.

I'm not sure how you normally sync your Fitbit or what has changed for that not to happen automatically anymore, but once you get that working, it should all work fine again.

Once you do sync your Fitibit, it might take an hour or two for W4F to catch up with your week's worth of steps, but it'll catch up eventually!

-- Ryan
Re: Fitbit Data No Longer Syncing
Reply to: #975281 by Green Tortuga
May 18, 2019 4:37am
Board
I'm not sure how you normally sync your Fitbit or what has changed for that not to happen automatically anymore, but once you get that working, it should all work fine again.

I don't know what changed either but you were absolutely correct.

My device was keeping track of my steps, my app was not. Turns out I had to force that to sync with my device. All is good now.

It's good to have someone knowledgeable of all this electronic wizardry point me in the right direction when something goes awry.

Thanks!